1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Lance Bass - The First Thing My Mom Did When She Learned I Was Gay... and the 'Miracl

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by themonkey319, Jan 13, 2014.

1. themonkey319

The First Thing My Mom Did When She Learned I Was Gay... and the 'Miracle' That Occurred After | Lance Bass

Growing up as a gay kid in the south was not easy. The constant fear of people discovering who you really were and the inevitable shame that would fall upon you and your family dictated how you lived your life everyday. Luckily for me, I was fortunate enough to move to places where it wasn't a constant daily reminder that I was an abomination. For my family, however, they still live in ground zero of intolerance for the LGBT community and have the unique pressure of having a well known gay relative. When I came out, they came out.

For years they have had to deal with the judgmental looks and constant condolences from friends and strangers as if I had died. "I'm so sorry, you are in our thoughts."

Now, my parents aren't very outspoken and shy away from any type of attention. For years they have quietly educated themselves about their son and the LGBT community like responsible adults. My mom read the Bible four times in a row and bought every book written about Christianity and the subject of homosexuality. When she saw things were not getting any easier at her church regarding this issue, she decided to go against her passive character and let her community know exactly how they were making her feel.

In a very open and honest letter to the church, she suggested how true Christians should act towards the LGBT community. Her letter was so well received that another local church invited her to speak to their congregation, as it believed it was finally time to start a dialogue within the church. The following is the transcript from that speech. I am extremely proud of my family and especially my mother for the way she has handled herself in this confusing time in her life. To me, she represents a true Christian and what the majority of Christians believe today in the country.

2. DoriaN

Re: Lance Bass - The First Thing My Mom Did When She Learned I Was Gay... and the 'Mi

I'm a very devout Christian, I only recently had my eyes opened and the Holy Spirit on me (October 14th). (The Acts 1:8, 19:2-5)
    The Acts 2:17
    "And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy: And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke: The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come: And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved."

Really awesome, notice there aren't any stipulations? Wow, guess that means there will be all colours races and orientations in heaven, God does not make mistakes or discriminate.

To my research and knowledge there is nothing wrong or condemning about being born gay, however the problem lies in marriage, adultery, and fornication. Those all apply to straight people though.

I honestly believe versions like the NIV pervert the Word, and God hates those who cause discord among brethren; what better way to get people to fight than cause discord? Hitler would give 2 people the same task, look how that went.
    I have done a fair amount of research, even learning of the greek works malakos and malakoi and as such.

why would evil attack evil? Evil lets evil be complacent, why guard a storehouse that will never get attacked?
    No, the ones to attack are the ones who would defend or rebel. What better way to turn and get a LOT of Christians to fall than having them judge and condemn an entire group?
    There are many sins in the Bible, drunkenness, false witness and testimony, haughtiness and judging, yet this ONE area has garnered SO much attention. It has created a division, should the man who is a drunkard condemn the braggart more than he? Should the homosexual be condemned more than the adulterer?

Galatians 3:24
    "Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. but after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster. For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. For there is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. And if ye be Christ's, then ye are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise."

Christian sadly these days has had it's label tarnished and spoiled. Look at Phil Robertson, a devout Christian which is awesome, but how his words have turned the world into 2 large sides, 2 armies divided (No thanks to others besides himself).
    All of these sheeple following him as an idol, now buying into the retarded and ludicrous and blasphemous "God hates fags" slander, and now the would-be Christians who are born homosexual are now left capsized flotsam and jetsam and fueled for resentment.

How many 'Christian' households have soured your faith? How many have asked you to be better than what you are, yet they cannot bear their own yoke?

Galatians 6:12
    "As many as desire to make a fair shew in the flesh, they constrain you to be circumcised, only lest they should suffer persecution for the cross of Christ. For neither they themselves who are circumcised keep the law; but desire to have you circumcised, that they may glory in your flesh. ... .[15] For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature."

Colossians 3:11
    "Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all."

Ephesians 6:1
    "Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right. Honour thy father and mother; which is the first commandment with promise; That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth. And, ye Fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord."

Colossians 3:20
    "Children, obey your parents in all things: for this is well pleasing unto the Lord. Fathers, provoke not your children to anger, lest they be discouraged."

I know I've been discouraged, have you?
    I know I've rebelled against my parents at times, have you?

It can be a lot to take in, but being Christian is very simple. You don't need a water baptism, you don't need a church or pastor or priest to save you, you do not need to look towards any man whom is just as at fault as us ourselves, though they might appear holy on the outside, yet are ravenous inside, being wolves in sheep's clothing. The pope is no greater than any of you reading these words I have typed right now, regardless of who or what you are. Good deeds are nice, but such petty attempts do not cleanse or justify a person before God, even the mightiest is the smallest and the smallest the mightiest.

The Acts 15:8
    "And God who knoweth the hearts, bore them witness, giving them the Holy Spirit, even as he did unto us; And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith. Now, therefore, why put God to the test, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers no we were able to bear? But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they."

The Acts 15:28
    "For it seemed good to the Holy Spirit, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things: That ye abstain from things offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication; from which, if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Far ye well."

3. kylegf2011

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Re: Lance Bass - The First Thing My Mom Did When She Learned I Was Gay... and the 'Mi

Wow, its really good!! :eusa_clap

4. Thunderlane

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family

"Seven years ago, we found out that Lance is gay. We were totally blindsided and devastated because never in a million years would we have guessed it"

Whaaaaaaaaat?? His closet was made of glass seriously.

5. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

Thank you for posting this, I definitely have to print this out and show it my Mother.

6. Uniquename

Ontario Canada. An hour and a half from Toronto.

Wow... Truely an amazing speech. I'm so glad some christians out their act how Jesus would want them to.

7. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only

Awwww. That was such a sweet letter. :slight_smile:

8. person57

This I AMAZING!!!

9. Seanathon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

This is such a beautiful letter and I wish more people would take it to heart.

10. ThePhoenix

All I can say is WOW! Very thought provoking and beautiful.