1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News RTÉ says ‘curing gays’ tweet was taken the wrong way

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Beware Of You, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Beware Of You

It seems whoever runs the RTÉ twitter has made a gaff and released a homophobic a tweet against accepted psychological research that suggests that gay people can be "cured". It was meant to advertise their "God Slot" on Radio 1.

You would think the Catholic Church would have more important things to put not that to be honest, Syria, CAR violence etc. but apparently curing gays is more important. I mean really.

RTÉ says

2. SongshiQuan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My favorite quote from the twitter account is God Slot(LOL at that name) accusing it's responders of showing “fascism masquerading as liberalism”. Ahahaha. Is failing history a requirement to work on the show?

3. Beware Of You

I know, considering that tens of thousands of LGBT people were either imprisoned, executed or sent to a labour camp (a death sentence) by the Nazis.

The SS raided the offices of the sexuality research institute (one of the few LGBT orgs in the world at that time) got the people who were in contact with them and arrested and imprisoned each of them over one night the day after.

4. SongshiQuan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not only that(although good points) but every history book I've ever read points out that Fascism, at it's core, is a right-leaning political philosophy.

5. Beware Of You

I don't think Left and Right wing are that easy to differentiate. Most Fat Left Regimes can draw a lot of similarities to Far Right Regimes. Look at North Korea, people now saw its a Fascist state since it has gone so far from Communism now.