1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Former student makes video of a phone call to her sexual assaulter

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by anthonythegamer, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Ex-student calls teacher over alleged sex abuse - CNN.com

The video has seriously gone viral, especially among my friends who showed me the video.

PSA: If you or someone you know has been sexually assaulted by anyone, do NOT hesitate to call the authorities. Doing something is better than nothing.

2. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you are in a position of public service it is illegal to NOT report any suspected abuse of anyone. But good PSA anyways.

3. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's great that she's found the courage to do this, but I'm not sure that the teacher will face full justice. The statute of limitations is a bit ridiculous in this case; sexual abusers rarely stop, and it's such a serious crime that there shouldn't even be a limit while the abuser is alive.

I'm also a bit annoyed at the reporter's tone and unnecessary emphasis on "thought," "says," "claims," etc, to make clear that they don't believe her.

4. Well, my PSA was aimed to students and regular workers LOL

---------- Post added 22nd Jan 2014 at 04:33 PM ----------

Even if sexual abusers were tried in the court of law, they get such a lenient sentence afterwards, and our justice system has the nerve to release them on parole. These people should be thrown in prison to die.

It's a bit scary to know that the sexual assaulter works in the area where I live. It's also kind of embarrassing to live in a town that has never been on the news before, but gets on a big news source like CNN for the wrong reasons.

5. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

I think it's ridiculous for a state to have a statute of limitations on any violent, physical crime. It can take many years for a victim to work up the courage to report the crime. And then the crime goes unpunished.

But apparently this teacher took the charge seriously enough, she acknowledged her guilt on the phone, she resigned from her current school job within hours; hopefully she is at least kept out of the school system where she was able to able to easily prey on children.

And yes, sexual offenders even if charged will often get lenient sentences and are back out in our communities in a short time. I'm scared to even search the sex offender registry and see just how many creeps are living right the down the block from me.