1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News 3 Killed in Shooting at Mall in Columbia, Maryland

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by AwesomGaytheist, Jan 25, 2014.

1. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The shooter is believed to be among the three people killed in a shooting at The Mall in Columbia, in Columbia, Maryland. At 11:55 AM, the first 911 call came in stating that there was a man shooting on the second floor of the mall, and police later stated that one of the bodies was near a firearm and ammunition, leading them to believe the shooter took his own life.

Interestingly enough, some people who were hiding in stores inside the mall took photos of their fellow shoppers hiding in terror and tweeted the pictures. Authorities are asking anyone in the area to avoid the area until further notice.

Police: Shooter among dead in Md. mall shooting | News - WBAL Home

2. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    This needs to stop . every time i hear a noise I'm gonna get on the ground it's hard for people to shoot you when your on the ground

3. Mr.Pushover

My sister was good friends with the girl who was killed. She was only 21 and had a 2 year old son. This is not okay, and is absolutely tragic and it's so hard to fathom things like this.

4. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It appears that this country is just on the fast track to hell. >.< I hope things don't get a lot worse before they start to get better.

5. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh my. My thoughts are with you, your sister, and the victim's other family and friends. (*hug*) This stuff is getting to the point where we as a country are not even shocked that it's happening anymore, and that's scary. What is this, like the 6th or 7th one in 10 days? Who knows when or where the next slaying will be?

6. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    IDK about anyone else, but I'm appalled every time I hear about it. It's just that the numbness does not wear off between incidents anymore. :tears:

7. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    They have identified the shooter as a 19 year old resident of College Park MD. They do not know if he had a connection to the victims and they do not know if he was in school at the university there. There's a lot to find out. What's troubling is these events seem to be happening much closer together.

8. You know, it feels like that these shootings are part of our lives now. The government should at least do something about these shootings.

9. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I don't want to express an opinion on the matter until the NRA have said something stupid about it.

10. DMark69

This is tragic, as are all violent deaths. This time though it looks like a targeted shooting involving a love triangle. It just happened to take place in a mall. The NY Daily News is reporting that the shooter used to date the female victim, and that she was now engaged to the male victim.
    While it is still tragic, and no sane person commits such crimes, the trigger was a love triangle and the remainder of the people in the mall appear to have been in no real danger.