1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Danny Chen suicide

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Rosepetal, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  2. Beantown

Beantown Guest

When I click the link it says page can't be found, at least for me.

3. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The Life and Death of Pvt. Danny Chen -- New York Magazine
    here ya go nd omg ur so pretty if i was a lesbian id go for u grl even tho ur out of my league,If i was a lesbian on ur team that is. i am str8 but i admire pretty ppl bc take care of themselves.

4. Beantown

Beantown Guest

Thanks that's so sweet but without make up I look like a 14 year old also I'm sure you look fine.

#4 Beantown, Jan 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2014
  5. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ur welcome nd ppl say tht alot about me 2 lol its funny bc 16 yr olds think im 16 nd hit on me lol

6. Beantown

Beantown Guest

Ahaha yeah omg that must suck usually it's like guys in their late teens to early 20's that ask me out.

7. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just tell them sorry boys im into men,u could say sorry boys i work in the women`s department nd will continue :slight_smile:

8. Beantown

Beantown Guest

Ahaha yeah but I'm still in the closet so I just pretend to be into it and just smile and giggle at the appropriate moments. What happened to this guy in the article is so sad.

9. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This is quite disgusting, but doesn't really surprise me, considering all the "horror stories" I've heard from friends and news stories. One of my former classmates, also Chinese-American, and a lot like the guy in the article, is serving in Afghanistan, too, and hope he hasn't faced the same type of discrimination and abuse.

The only positives seem to be the fact that he lived his life the way he wanted, and got a taste for something he loved doing. A lot of people say "support the soldiers, not the war," but stories like these show that some don't even deserve that...

10. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i understand :slight_smile: btw i think the military is covering up those soldiers disgusting with a sucide. i know its old news but this shouldnt b forgotten. oh btw i was wondering whether i was demisexual,bi sexual,lesbian. i wasnt bc i wasnt really drawn to women i was drawn to my bf more bc of the love he gave nd who he is. Sex is fluid that i know 4 sure but love is not fluid it comes once i guess .

11. Beantown

Beantown Guest

He sounds really supportive, I've glad for you. How they treated the poor guy is totally heinous.

12. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's sad. The military here so often seems like an abusive environment, from rape to beatings, and so much of it overlooked. It was always a great fear of mine growing up a war would break out, and I'd be drafted. Thank God it never happened. I think I'd let the high-speed train run me over, before I was in the US military, being treated like dirt.

Plus, I hate being bossed around, and am unable to say words like 'Sir' or 'Ma'am', unless in a sarcastic manner.

#12 HuskyPup, Jan 26, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
  13. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i want this awareness to b in people`s eyes nd whats happening syria rather than brain dead girl nd justin bieber. im not hating but syria is far worse than both topics.

---------- Post added 26th Jan 2014 at 11:25 PM ----------

he is supportive ,what drives me nuts is the distance , it is heinous it is disgusting ,even a gay man in the 1990s in the military was beaten . btw cherish being 18 :slight_smile: i wish i can b 18 again im 20 .

14. Beantown

Beantown Guest

Don't worry you're still young, you're only two years older than me. I hope the environment for the military improves so it's safer for the army guys.

15. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    thanks but i still think even when im 20 im still a teenager. Its werid bc when i was a kid i thought 20s is an adult i get to do whatever i want no parent rules! but no ugh ecnomy is deep nd sh***t nd finding an apartment cheap in ny is a long shot. nd i hope that the military improves for both men and women b4 our flaf color changes to green meaning greed,red for chaos and grey for the drifting economy.

16. Necromancer

Necromancer Guest

Don't worry. The U.S. Military no longer wants conscription. The ways of fighting wars changed, and mass levies are no longer the most effective model for us. I doubt us conscripting at any time in the forseeable future.

#16 Necromancer, Jan 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2014
  17. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sickening. Gut wrenching story. A story of the American Dream gone sour for this hard-working immigrant family who had a good kid.

This kind of hazing is typical in the armed services. Most survive it. Some don't. As for why the buffoons do this, it could be their completely inappropriate way to let off stress when they are in between chaos or confrontation. It's also that beating of the chest to create a pecking order. Look at all the sexual assaults, too. It's an institution I have far less respect for the more I know about it, though, at the same time, they preserve our freedom.

This sort of thing is also more typical in single sex educational venues. For those who think otherwise, there is a lot that is LESS supportive than what being on the outside indicates. The mob mentality and the extra liberties of being in a single-sex environment sometimes causes bad things to happen. A coeducational environment is superior, at least to me.

At any rate, RIP, fine young man. And my heart goes out to his close of kin and loved ones.

18. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Shocked? Yeah. Surprised? Nope.

This kind of thing happens right across the world, regardless of whether a volunteer or conscription based force is involved. Life will continue as normal, people will still voluntarily enlist or be conscripted and unfortunately there will be more Danny Chens.

19. Ticklish Fish

are you fucking kidding me? wearing green hat is like a slur already in chinese itself.. uggh.

*attempts to read page 2*

Page 5:
    how do some people become superiors? that's cruel and unusual punishment, no?

#19 Ticklish Fish, Jan 27, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
  20. blueberrymuffin

Indeed, one of the biggest pricks to me in high school just got back from afghan, and the idea of blanket supporting the troops is nauseating when considering just what kind of psychos and sociopaths are often drawn to the infantry.