1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Australia's Politics Getting Darker

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by BiPenguin, Jan 31, 2014.

1. BiPenguin

It's been a terrible handful of months since Australians elected Tony Abbott to power last year. Not even five months and it's as if the Christian Taliban has come to power. People sponsored by mining companies.

I've never been anti-mining. I just want responsible mining but the Great Barrier Reef is at risk of being destroyed with dredging and later on, a section of the reef dug up for a port that will serve only mining companies.

We've had the attack on marriage equality and one of their Senators even called step families as being bad for children along with IVF. They want to remove at least part of the anti-Discrimination Act. These people are mad.

Now in Queensland, the conservative LNP State Government does not appreciate dissent just as their fan base gets very angry at dissent. A stage play for Brisbane has been censored so that the joke about the Queensland Premier, Campbell Newman is no longer part of the play.

They have effectively started to censor art. That's how I see it. :tantrum::bang::***:

These people struggle to fathom that the planet is round yet alone understand art.

2. I seriously feel bad for you guys.

The thing about the parliamentary system in Australia is that the government becomes so one-sided according to the political affiliation of the prime minister.

I've heard that he's a bit like a tyrant. But, who would you prefer, Tony Abbott or John Howard?

3. Arrow Ace

Aren't they also working to shut down the abc and sbs because they make a lot of anti liberal statements?