1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Amanda Knox of Seattle found guilty in retrial in Italy

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Tightrope, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am not aware of how their justice system works, with retrials and dragging things out. For that matter, I am not fully aware of how OUR justice system works.

Knox judge says he suffered over guilty verdict

Do you have any thoughts on the latest Amanda Knox verdict? Did you have an opinion on the verdicts when delivered in earlier trials? It was the weirdest thing, and what happened to her roommate was very gory. Yet, except for another person who was involved and apparently jailed, they supposedly had no other perpetrators who were involved. I don't know what to think, but I know the whole thing has a lot of bad vibes and twists and turns. At one point, Amanda Knox implicated a bar owner in the town who was cleared of any charges and found not to be involved in the matter.

2. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Cards on the table before the tirade I'm with the court on this.

I do find it strange that from what I'm seeing of how this is being covered across the pond Sollecito (Knox's co-accused) and Kercher are an afterthought, it's just been the Amanda Knox show. The story is more about an all American girl fighting against evil Johnny Foreigner and his justice system that had the gaul to find said all American girl guilty than the brutal murder of a 21 year old.

Look at it from Kercher's family's perspective, one of the people who has been found guilty (again) of killing their daughter and sister is sat on American telly being comforted and trying to make out that she's the reincarnation of Mother Teresa. It was bad enough that her first thought on winning her appeal was how to make as much cash as possible out of the whole thing. Any person with a shred of dignity and empathy would have kept their head down upon getting back to their home country not inked a 7 figure book deal and then paraded themselves on TV like they were some freed hostage. By all means let her have her appeal but if that fails then extradite her.

On the case itself I'm not going to try and read into what explanation the court decided was good enough to convict the two of them with. But I will say that I find their behaviour during the investigation to be more than a little disturbing. I think Knox is the only person to prepare for questioning about her best friend's murder by doing cartwheels and splits (something which she denies btw).

3. Necromancer

Necromancer Guest

No extradition. Italy hasn't come close to dispensing with reasonable doubt. If they don't like that, they can fuck off. It's no different than when the UK wouldn't give us that hacker because we were being way, way, way too overzealous and probably weren't going to give him proper medical care. If the circumstances suggest the requesting party did not or will not act in the best interests of justice, we should keep the accused rather than turn them over. With Knox, her guilt is totally up in the air, and both her and the Italian authorities are acting dodgy as fuck. That is what I would call reasonable doubt, and shouldn't have led to a conviction.

#3 Necromancer, Feb 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2014