1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Right-wing group applauds Uganda anti-gay bill, calls homosexuality worse than murder

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by That1Guy, Feb 1, 2014.

1. That1Guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    And yeah, this is considered a religious non-profit group and gets tax exempt status. If you see a religious group with "family" in their name chances are they're full of crap.

Oh, and love that bit where he called us "Homosexual practitioners", because gay people don't really exist - just confused straight people who "practice" homosexuality. :lol:

2. Ridiculous

Re: Right-wing group applauds Uganda anti-gay bill, calls homosexuality worse than mu

I love religion.

3. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Re: Right-wing group applauds Uganda anti-gay bill, calls homosexuality worse than mu

I think "practitioner" refers here to people who act upon their homosexual desires/urges. In some religions, technically being gay is not considered a sin as long as you never have sex. I suppose thinking about it falls in the "impure thoughts" category tho... that's what confession is for.

The tax-free charity status of religious groups should probably be revised and linked to a requirement of an absence of hate speech and discrimination.

4. PurpleGrey

Why is it that nobody bothers to do research to back up their outrageous claims before spouting assumptions as fact? The big difference between us and pedophiles is that WE DON'T RAPE CHILDREN! I personally think that children are creepy, but that's just me. Besides family, of course.

5. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

A preacher told me once that God loves the sin but hates the sinner. I asked him what sin was that, loving someone of the same sex instead of the opposite one? He replied love wasn't the problem, the sexual act was, because it was "unnatural" and against Gods design for us. So I asked if it'd be okay to have a non sexual relationship with a woman, living with her, and he said that although that was a lessor sin, it was still a sin, because that was giving the "appearance" of a lesbian relationship. That, and I needed to marry a man, so I could "be fruitful and multiply." Artificial insemination for lesbians is also not allowed, because that's "not natural" and not within marriage.

6. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all

Because then they can't spout their assumptions about gays = paedophiles

7. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian

Because their outrageous claims are weak

8. StillAround

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I wonder how they have room in their lives for anything but hate. It takes so much energy.

On the other hand, cornered animals can be fierce. And, at least in much of the 'developed' (and I use that word advisedly) world, the haters are slowly being backed into a corner.

I know, I know, I dream...

9. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I still love how the pedophilia thing is still an issue when most child molesters are STRAIGHT men.

Oh well, we'll throw that away for the sake of making them look better.

10. chivalrous

i find this rather hypocritical/ironic from what ive heard its priests and Vaticans of the church that are labelled child molesters.

11. FrozenFae

I used to become furious over news like this. I would rail against religion, the political right and rally people downtown to take action and make a stand.

Now, as I have grown older and more jaded and subdued.....I just feel an overwhelming sense of sadness that we live in the year 2014 and rampant bigotry like this still reigns supreme. Naive it may sound, but I can not fathom how humanity can harbor so much hatred for other human beings and devalue their life so cheaply.