1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News ACLU lawsuit challenges Wisconsin same-sex marriage ban

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Jwis, Feb 3, 2014.

1. Jwis

ACLU lawsuit challenges Wisconsin same-sex marriage ban

This came as a shock to me this morning. I have been very unhappy with the way my state has been moving politically the past few years. Who knows if anything will come out of it, but it is sure a step in the right direction.

2. SkyColours38

Wisconsin used to be a lot less socially conservative - what happened? My mother's side of the family are all from Duluth MN (right by the WI border) and I have cousins all over the Upper Midwest, so I've spent a lot of time in that region, and the political changes in recent years have been tangible (and depressing). At least someone's challenging the ban... but that part about it being A CRIME to get married in OTHER STATES is totally ridiculous! I hope that at least that gets struck down, even if we have to wait for total equality.

3. Jwis

I have no idea what happened in my state. It used to be a sense of pride for me that we were much more socially liberal when I was growing up... Not so much anymore. Voting against the same sex marriage ban was actually on one of the first ballots that I ever cast. I was still well in the closet at that time, but I remember being really bummed out about it passing.

4. Haddz

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    1. political redistricting (see Scott walker)
    2. Ignorance
    3. Hate
    4. Hate with money
    5. Our inaction maybe

WE need fight harder

#4 Haddz, Feb 5, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2014