1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Oslo proposes gay choir in 2022 Olympic bid

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Fiddledeedee, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Fiddledeedee

Source: Sotsji-OL forbyr «homofil propaganda», Oslo-OL hyrer «Norges lekreste homsekor» - osloby

Rough translation:

In short, the Oslo Faggotkor (lit. "bassoon choir", but the English implication is entirely intentional) may be hired for the opening ceremony at the 2022 Winter Olympics if Oslo wins the bid. They claim that this is not a dig at Russia, but I doubt many believe that.

Here is their website and here are a few pics showcasing their stylishness.

Please note that I do not speak any Norwegian and thus may have got parts of this wrong.

2. Nick07

I wonder why they feel the need to deny that there is the intentional hidden meaning. At least I don't believe that there isn't.

3. Daydream Harp

I think it's cowardly how he try to "play on both sides and play it safe" by being vague about the intention, but ultimately glad that they are sending the gay choir and I hope it will end up with some positivity and awareness.