1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News W.Va. official: Patients told not to drink water

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by phoenix89, Feb 5, 2014.

1. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    W.Va. official: Patients told not to drink water | WKBN First News

Doctors are telling some citizens who were affected by the Chemical contamination spill in January that they cannot drink the water from their taps.
    This comes a few weeks after the 300,000+ residents who were affected by the contamination, were told that the water was now safe to drink. This is absolutely sickening, the people who live in West Virginia have so many problems to begin with, and to tell be told that they still cannot drink that water from their own taps. Bottle water gets really expensive. I hope that they state will be helping these people, a lot of them are struggling to being with and this is just rubbing salt in an open wound.

2. OuterSpaceACE

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I believe that the company who did this went bankrupt too so they can't be sued. It's complete garbage what is happening. There is no accountability.

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure that they filed bankruptcy, so there is nothing that people can do to the company.

4. justjade

This really sucks. No wonder I haven't heard of that many lawsuits filed against them. :tantrum:

Thank goodness I'm not in the areas affected. I drink tap water all the time, and I haven't been sick. But still! This is such bullshit! This has caused loss of wages to several people I know, my old boss who's now a good friend of mine included. I can't even believe this is still going on. It just sucks that now no one can get justice because the company responsible pretty much financially stuck its head in the sand.

5. SongshiQuan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If our justice system worked, you think this would at least be criminal neglect no matter the company's finances.

6. justjade

Exactly. I think there should be a trial and a sentence. Maybe they'll spend time in jail if they can't pay a fine.

7. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We can hope, but in all actually I seriously doubt anything will happen. When does anyone care about West Virginia? If it is not California, New York, Florida, Texas or D.C no one even bats and eye.

8. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I doubt that anything will happen either. It sucks that they cannot be sued since they have filed bankruptcy. They are probably going to get away with a slap on the wrist.. which is really annoying.