1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Annapolis (MD) to introduce Trans Rights

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Claudette, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Claudette

Claudette Guest

The City of Annapolis aims to amend it's discriminatory laws to include Gender Identity and Expression (with alot of higher in office supporters!)

I had no idea this was still a solid reason to fire someone over, while I understand it from a "shock" value stance, I just always thought it fell under general Anti-Discriminatory laws.

Annapolis will be the 2nd individual city (Behind Baltimore) to amend it's discrimination laws. As Maryland's aint-discriminatory laws doesn't cover Gender Identity and expression. It's good to hear a city a county over from Baltimore(which I thought to be the 3rd most LGBT place aside from New York and San Fransisco, in the United States of America).
    The state as a whole has Legalized gay marriage at the start of 2013. It's nice to know our country(if you live in the U.S.) & the World is slowly moving forward to acceptance of such issues

The original news clipping can be found here Transgender rights bill introduced in Annapolis - Baltimore Sun

2. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There has been a law in place in Massachusetts against transgender discrimination since I believe it was July 2012.

Also Northampton MA or Provincetown MA are probably the most LGBT friendly outside of the two you mentioned.

3. justjade

I'm pretty excited. Still wish I'd hear more about ENDA though, but this is a big step! (!)

4. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The University of Maryland (College Park) also has an anti-discrimination policy regarding Gender Identity and Expression(Inclusive of students, staff and faculty), and it's about as big as small town. I think this applies to all state universities here.

I hope this passes in Annapolis! Or even state-wide...I'm not sure if it's on the legislative agenda this year, but I bet it will be, so long as we keep the Republicans out. Which we do very well in Maryland :slight_smile: