1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Russia Declares Discrimation Newest Olympic Sport

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Hiems, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Hiems

[YOUTUBE]G5Dv9uLRLJs[/YOUTUBE]
    This PSA portrays not only the cruel treatment against LGBT folks in Russia, but also in other countries.

It was hard for me to watch. However, its message is very powerful, and hopefully it will be able to change people's minds.

2. lukeluvznicki13

Wow that is a deep and hectic video!

3. man dolen

It's really hard to watch.

I just don't get it, why do people care about sexuality of others ??

4. Ticklish Fish

I am confused now, there are russian commenters about how it's okay to be gay but just not in front of children, and then how like the world is trying to tell them how to live.

yeah... so how am i supposed to feel?

5. girlonfire

Wow. That was...painful. But unfortunately so true.

6. danball7

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If they'd just understand that a) homosexuality can't be transmitted from person to person like some kind of disease, and b) a tiny number of gay people actually molest children (the number of straight people who do it is far higher) the Russian's "leave children alone" campaign would have absolutely no basis.

7. Typhoon

Typhoon Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I have to say that video is pretty mild to some of the explicit realities posted on vk.com.

Hate Russia, plain and simple. As well as the rest of the retarded countries who prosecute LGBTQ because they are unable to accept people who are different, and use children for instance, to justify the discrimination.

I've never been abroad in my life, but I actually really wanted to go there and wave an LGBT flag in the hope that in the few seconds before I get arrested or attacked, someone like us would have seen it and gained hope.

8. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Because it's the last thing you can be bigoted about while calling it a reasoned debate.

EDIT: Dunno if you can get it in the States but Channel 4 aired a documentary on Wednesday called "Hunted" which deals with the LGBT hunts going on in Russia. Should be on 4OD if you're interested.

#8 GeeLee, Feb 7, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  9. Holdingb

Holdingb Guest

That was very moving, but I dislike that they had to exploit media and show it as all Russians being homophobic. It certainly got the point across, in an albeit violent way. It really is terrible :l