1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Federal Judge to hear couple's challenge to Texas gay marriage ban

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by AlamoCity, Feb 12, 2014.

1. AlamoCity

Today, in my hometown, a federal judge will hold a hearing about granting a preliminary injunction against the state to prevent it from enforcing the constitutional same-sex marriage ban. There will later be a full trial, but this is for a temporary order against the state pending outcome of the litigation process. It will be interesting, if the judge issues the order, to see by how many votes the US 5th Circuit Court of Appeals denies the stay (I'm guessing 3-0, if it's taken by a three-judge panel) given that that Circuit Court is considered one of the most conservative (and southern) circuits. Regardless, I sure do hope Greg Abbott (the Attorney General of Texas who wants to be governor) gets schooled and wouldn't mind a scathing order by the judge.

Here are two articles about the court hearing today:

S.A. Federal Judge to hear couple's challenge to Texas gay marriage ban | kens5.com San Antonio

Here's the link to another article

Gay marriage gets day in San Antonio court - San Antonio Express-News

#1 AlamoCity, Feb 12, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
  2. Ticklish Fish

LOL at "traditional marriage" argument.

Also, texas wasn't even as long as the US, talk about tradition, heh.