1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Arizona: Now Delta's on your case too...wow!

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by greatwhale, Feb 26, 2014.

1. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  2. That1Guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sad thing is if she does veto it, it'll be based on that and not on some moral ground due to it being discriminatory. Hell, she'd probably even send it back for revision.

3. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think it's so cut and dry, the reason companies are howling about this is that they have non-discrimination policies and getting LGBT employees to settle there will be that much more difficult. Is it good business? Yeah, but good business often coincides with treating your employees right, and I think this is where it's coming from.

We can complain that the motives are not pure, but that's another, much deeper discussion: on the role of money in our lives and how it pervades pretty much every thing we do.

4. Techno Kid

I think this is good news...as long as Arizona does the right thing that's all that matters.

5. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just goes to show that political issues aren't a simple right vs left thing. I don't think you can call big businesses 'left' by any measure, but here they're opposing a conservative agenda.

6. EatYourRikkios

The bill's going to die, if only because it is bad for business. I'd love it if it was because the politicians involved realized it was bigoted trash, but the right thing for the wrong reasons is still the right thing, so... *shrugs* I'm glad its never going to make it into law.

7. BelleFromHell

It's sad how it'll take corporate America to veto this bill when it should be veto'd on the grounds of morality and common sense, but I'll be happy that it's gone either way.