1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News CDC discovers rare female to female HIV transmission

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by BradThePug, Mar 13, 2014.

1. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    More here

2. BelleFromHell

I'm not too surprised. Lesbian sex may have less of a risk of catching STDs, but there's still a risk. Unfortunately... a lot of people believe the myth that lesbian sex is 100% safe and that there's no need to get screened. Thanks for sharing. :astonished:

3. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Oh God no !!! I always knew we had to watch out I always knew it :tears:
    That's it I'm testing everyone I sleep with once I get someone to sleep with .

4. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I literally just read this on CNN while checking my Facebook and well, I'm not surprised. I've recently discussed safe same sex practices with my doctor and she's told me that the risks are the same as being with a man. And it's been recommended countless times, never share sex toys no matter what!

It's very easy to scratch a woman during rough sex, so from now on, I will be using gloves etc.

#4 pinklov3ly, Mar 13, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
  5. superchicken

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    not surprised since bodily fluids are ingested when giving oral. but wow, that woman stopped treatment and still had unsafe sex with her partner?

6. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    She's a horrible partner to do that . Now I'm truly scared :eek:
    I always told my ex girlfriend to use gloves but she said she thinks it's silly to use gloves I told her this crap was gonna happen ( we were long distance by the way )

#6 stocking, Mar 14, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
  7. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I saw this and was fairly alarmed. They state that, to their knowledge, only one other transmission of HIV like this one has happened in the past. I think both transmissions were through rough sex with sex toys. My initial thought was that it would have been brought on by oral sex.

Technically, lesbians who have never shared i.v. drug needles nor had sex with an infected male would be at extremely low risk for the virus, almost to the point of being negligible. However, even a few cases are NOT negligible. These days, it's heterosexual minority women who are among those with the highest increases in contracting HIV because they are not informed. They are in denial that it is a gay issue and they are in denial that the man, or men, in their lives could be infected.