1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News pilot of missing plane under srutiny due to support of someone charged with sodomy

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by sldanlm, Mar 16, 2014.

1. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  2. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Re: pilot of missing plane under srutiny due to support of someone charged with sodom

I can't understand how the radios and such can even be turned off on a commercial plane. There should be no way to lose track of them. Even if they are turned off, how did it disappear from radar? Is there not sufficient radar coverage in that part of the world? They didn't suddenly turn it into a stealth plane.

So now I guess they need to install multiple self-powered transponders on the exterior of the plane which are immune to any interference from inside or outside the plane. This is the most bizarre situation. I feel so bad for all the family and friends who don't know what happened to their loved ones.

3. newfish

Re: pilot of missing plane under srutiny due to support of someone charged with sodom

I've heard that you don't want transponders on after landing, so they have an off switch. Although it does seem there should be some way to have it be automatic or only controlled remotely or something.

4. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Wait. So one of the pilot's friends was sentenced to five years for Sodomy, in this backwards Islamic nation, and thus, the pilot crashes a plane into the sea? It doesn't add up. (Aside from the fact that almost any sensibe, peaceful person would oppose the rigid regime there.)

#4 HuskyPup, Mar 16, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
  5. CharlieHK

CharlieHK Guest

Can we just take a moment to appreciate this magnificently headline.