1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Lawmaker fears a "Guy In A Dress"

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Claudette, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Claudette

Claudette Guest

2. CharlieHK

CharlieHK Guest

Since when is a "guy" in a dress threatening? Most people who openly wander out and about dressed that way look good. These law makers think of a hairy lumber jack wearing dresses and high heels. There's no logic.

3. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good to know the only thing stopping law breakers breaking the law is a law telling them not to break the law...

4. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Either it says something about the electorate that these lawmakers believe that the "man in the dress" crap will play well or these lawmakers think very poorly about the people who elected them.

EDIT: And I didn't realise there were forcefields that prevented sexual predators from walking into the ladies toilets.

#4 GeeLee, Mar 20, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
  5. Camrok

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Role of government: to protect the citizens from threats both foreign and domestic. Trying to stop a man from wearing a dress does neither of those two things.

6. PurpleGrey

I don't know what kind of people these idiots are thinking of, but I'm quite sure that when a transwoman goes into a ladies' room, it's to use the ladies' room.

7. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How about cleaning up the sexual scandals and perversion on capital hill prior to targeting the transgender population.

Or how about the church excommunicates every pedophile priest.

Why are certain things considered wrong and something that is merely a way of life considered deviant?

Also I've seen some hairy lumberjack dudes in granny dresses and big driving miss daisy hats with flowers on them. They weren't bothering anyone.

8. Nikky DoUrden

you reminded me of this :
    [YOUTUBE]5zey8567bcg[/YOUTUBE]

And fearing a guy in a dress thats new ... I thought a guy with an assault rifle is more intimidating but maybe thats only me :dry:

9. RainDreamer

Uhmm....if anyone, male or female, in whatever clothing, hanging around a bathroom to check on others' junks, I think that is a whole different problem.

10. HotPeppers

Ironically, when I was in Annapolis earlier this month for the House committee hearing hearing on this bill, I went to drink water from the fountain outside the ladies room. One of the leading opponents (not sure I'm allowed to say who) was standing outside the restroom. A very obvious transwoman went into the ladies room. (Opponent) followed her in. I was getting over a flu or cold or something so needed to blow my nose. I went in to get some toilet paper for that purpose. (Opponent) was just standing there in front of the row of toilets watching. She didn't go into one of the stalls. She didn't use the mirror or sink. She just stood there and watched. I went into one of the stalls for toilet paper. I blew my nose and took some extra to blow my nose later on. Then, in the hearing (opponent), testified as she always does about how this bill will allow men to put on dresses, go into the ladies room, stare at women, rape them, etc. Well . . . There was only one person in the bathroom staring. It wasn't the transwoman.

Anyway . . . Last year I served on the steering committee of the Maryland Coalition for Trans Equality advocating for last years version of this bill. This year I am doing other things that I enjoy more than politics. But I stay in touch with the advocates and some of the legislators I know who are involved. Everything everyone says makes me think this will pass this year. YAY!