1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Cops can have sex with prostitutes now

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Nikky DoUrden, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Simple Thoughts

Sex with prostitutes...well it's gotta be legal for somebody.

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lol. I'd be okay with it as long as they're off-duty. The cops, that is.

3. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I always thought they did this, don't they like make fake excuses to raid strip clubs :confused:

4. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "There'll be no ifs, ands, or buts about it: you're spending the night with Fred Garvin: Male Prostitute."

Dan Aykroyd on SNL in 1979

5. Gallatin

The title of this thread is pretty misleading, considering that the first line of this article is:
    (emphasis mine)

In fact, according to the article, a new bill that was meant to crack down on prostitution did not include the exemption, but Hawaii police have pushed to have the exemption carried over into the new law (a push which was successful).

So, this isn't any new policy, it's just been discovered and brought to light.

As to the exemption, I don't really think it's necessary.

6. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Keep in mind this is undercover police officers. Presumably they'll only be doing it to avoid breaking their cover.

7. Simple Thoughts

Personally, I don't see prostitution being stopped. It's kind of like drugs, there will always be a black market for it.

I wish they'd consider legalizing it. Then at least there could be rules and regulation. Protections for the health of the girls, maybe even required therapist visits...anything is better than some back alley pimp, ya know?

---------- Post added 21st Mar 2014 at 04:57 PM ----------

"Presumably" <--- that's a strong word. It requires that I trust police officers, and I don't trust them.

8. Aldrick

I'm in favor of legalizing prostitution for a huge number of reasons. However, I'm not in favor of this.

First of all, anyone who pays attention to situations like these know that it's not uncommon for police to coerce prostitutes into providing them sexual favors to avoid being arrested. The abuse of prostitutes and law enforcement go hand in hand.

Second, imagine your the victim of human trafficking. You've been sold into sexual slavery. Do we really want those in law enforcement further traumatizing these innocent people by - let's be blunt here - by raping them? Any form of non-consensual sex is rape. The fact that a prostitute can't say no in those circumstances without facing punishment, doesn't mean it's acceptable for the cop to fuck them anyway.

Third, there are other law enforcement agencies around the country and the world that operate just fine without this law. I'm not sure why Hawaii cops need an exception. Are prostitutes on Hawaii so sneaky that you need to fuck them a few times just to make sure they're really prostitutes?

Quite frankly, I'm disgusted. The cops show up and say, "Hey! Give us an exemption!" Then they won't tell lawmakers how often or even if they use it, but give firm assurances that everything is closely monitored internally through confidential procedures which he couldn't share. I swear - I live nearly 5,000 miles away and I can smell the bullshit all the way over here.

I believe there needs to be a thorough and complete investigation of the Hawaii police. I bet if we shook that closet just right, more than a few skeletons would come tumbling out. It'll be interesting, though probably not shocking, what we'd learn.

I would say it's shocking that lawmakers allowed the cops to walk away with this, but unfortunately this is how it usually works.

Ugh... the more I think about this, the more disgusted I become. This is exactly why prostitution should be legalized, to bring sex workers into the light so that we can at least attempt to protect them from abuse. This does nothing to further the goal of protecting people from abuse, quite the opposite in fact.

9. lukeluvznicki13

Well...xD...do undercover cops seriously enjoy going to brothels to find out information?