1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Colorado Man Roy Ortiz May Sue Rescuers Who Saved His Life For $500,000

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by VideoGameLover, Mar 21, 2014.

1. VideoGameLover

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
  2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Unlikely this will go anywhere. There are 'good Samaritan laws' in all 50 stAtes that provide indemnity for those who offer services in the protection and care taking of others. Also, public safety employees are generally immune against liability when they are performing the roles they are employed to do unless there is gross negligence which it sounds aLmost certainly like there is not.

I'd like to see attorneys like the asshat that brought this action get disbarred.

3. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    He gets his life saved and he sues for half a million quid because, in his opinion, they took too long?

Alright he can have his half a million...But only if he and a crony can free a man from the same situation, with the same tools in less than 2hrs. Failing that I hope the case is thrown out, he's fined for wasting the court's time and that the judge throws his gavel at him.

That'll learn 'em.

4. Jonathan

The audacity that someone has to have to sue the people responsible for saving his life...I just don't understand it.

Acting this upset about the manner in which someone saves your life leads to the implication that you would somehow be better off if they did not do so...