1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Michigan: the 24 hour marriage rush

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by maracont, Mar 25, 2014.

1. maracont

The awkward area between bible belt and large city
  2. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Because gays getting married obviously means all heterosexual couples are forever banned from being with each other.

When will people learn?

3. Im Just Me

Pretty pissed tbh.

So I'm pretty bad with legal stuff, but is what happening pretty much it's on hold again right now? Like they didn't say they decided same sex marriage isn't allowed permanently again, but they're taking time to make a decision?

Honestly, I think the 2004 vote thing is a bit ridiculous. One, because human rights isn't something that should be voted for. Two, because that vote was 10 years ago now, times have changed. if they want to honor michigan voters, hold another vote.
    Those against same-sex marriage only won by 11% last time, that's not very much. In 10 years we've really progressed and most people I know either don't care or are for same-sex marriage. I say let's hold another vote rather than deny it because of one 10 years ago. (Plus this time, i'm old enough to vote ;D)

4. TossAWatermelon

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Now let me remind you that the people who are against gay marriage certainly don't see it as an immutable right. One man one woman you know! It's the only "right" around! :icon_wink

5. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The ruling was stayed pending appeal. The stay could be lifted as early as tomorrow, or this could be a years-long legal battle.

6. Ravi-VIXX777

Love the sarcasm.

7. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    It's just a stayed appeal. Those homophobes love wasting tax dollars to take away peopls' rigghts.

8. blueberrymuffin

It won't be years cause even SCOTUS would rule end of next summer at latest imo, which is how far the michigan AG is threatening to fight the appeal (being a monumental piece of shit). Given how awful the evidence was presented by the state, i don't see the stay lasting for long and i think SCOTUS will take the appeal from another region that was decided before this (such as utah)