1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Tennessee passes "religious freedom" bill to allow bullying

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Jinkies, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    http://www.thegailygrind.com/2014/0...ullying-lgbt-students-name-religious-freedom/

[​IMG]

2. Simple Thoughts

Good job Tennessee. Good job.

This is the reason I have such a negative attitude towards Christians. I know they aren't all bad, but stuff like this pops up way more frequently than a Christian actually doing something good. I wish they'd just do what that Jesus fellow said for once...he actually seemed like a decent character. =/

3. Beetle

The Bible Belt needs to stop it with these stupid religious freedom bills.

4. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is why I support the ACLU, and hope the state loses in court when this law is challenged as unconstitutional.

Also, this does shine a poor light on Christianity; though that is one problem of the religion, is that it says it's the one true way, and tries to convert people. I know not all Christians try to, but it is a major negative, when they try to convert the young by whatever sneaky means possible.

5. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is why with every day that passes, Canada just looks better and better.

6. DoriaN

Well, when God was walking around with His 12 disciples, most of what He said was to love one another, care for the poor sickly and those who are lacking, and to judge not lest ye be judged, condemn not lest ye be condemned.

Now idk about you, but as a Christian, regardless if I thought being gay was good or bad, I know I have my own sins, and to point out and criticize one another for their individual sins ignoring my own would be hypocritical. The adulterer can't say he is better than the murderer.

So, at the very least in my mind for any Christian, is to not judge your brother or sister, have respect for your fellow man, and be an example of good behavior.

I mean, what happened to turn the other cheek? If a man takes your cloak, give him your shirt as well? For too many it seems to be a hard act to follow...

7. Simple Thoughts

If people actually did what Jesus was always saying to do I probably wouldn't have any negative feelings towards the religion.

I mean honestly most of his teachings were about being good people to one another.

It wasn't about judging and hating, it was about taking people in giving them love and showing them hope. He preached about lots of admirable things.

So I really don't hate that particular character from the bible, but nobody listens to him at all >.>

8. Techno Kid

Well we seem to get more right-wing everyday so it's not really the liberal haven it once was. :frowning2: :tantrum:

9. DoriaN

Yeah, I mean for all the people who go "God this" and "God that", you think they'd listen to what God said.
    Sometimes easier said than done, it's more convenient to be evil in this world, and it shows.

10. apostrophied

For Pete's sakes, people, this is not Christianity, it's stupidity!

11. Simple Thoughts

Bad people will always look for whatever justification they can to be bad >.>

12. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What strikes me as ironic, is that among so many Southern Baptists and other Evangelicals, they seem to be practicing Christianity, without the Christ.

13. Reddy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Aren't these the same thing?

Just saying...

14. Simple Thoughts

On a personal note: HA!

On a not personal note: I think some people might find that offensive :frowning2:

15. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Exactly. If these so called christians seen the true meaning of movies like Son of God and Passion of the Christ they would see how christ suffered for us. He died for our sins and made us born again. Jesus did not go through all that torture just so we could do "bad" things and end up in hell. He knew our spirits would always be wicked so we died for us.

These hateful ignorant people spit on Christianity and it's true meaning and they are one of the reasons why people leave religion all together. There is no hate in Christ period!

16. Simple Thoughts

I hate that mindset, and I hate that people have it -.-'

17. DoriaN

People are inclined to evil though, sad but true.

18. Simple Thoughts

I've never felt inclined to do evil...don't tell me I'm evil. You don't know me

19. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah I understand what you mean. However homosexuality was not condemned in the bible to begin with if you look into it's original text it said nothing about homosexuals and was mistranslated by scholars and than ministers used it to spread hate like wildfire for hundreds of years. Sodom and Gomorrah was about greed and selfishness not about homosexual acts. These hateful christians who say they are the true christians are not the kind loved by christ.

20. Simple Thoughts

I don't try to think about what the bible was trying to say. I have a feeling if I looked it over I wouldn't like what it had to say...the few passages I remember from childhood were brutal and evil.