1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Typhoon, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Typhoon

Typhoon Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
  2. Simple Thoughts

Interesting enough I guess...=/

3. DoriaN

..This counts as news? =\

4. Simple Thoughts

Umm...I mean honestly if you want an opinion.

That story sounded like the author was inflating his ego and justifying his actions of outing someone.

Admittedly I think that anyone taking the public stage to bash gays who is gay themselves deserves to be outed for what a hypocrite they are. At the same time I think if you're going to do it have the balls to stand by your convictions, don't try to make up some justification for it or you're just as bad as the person you're calling a hypocrite. Man up and accept what you've done, and accept it for exactly what it is.

5. Foxface

I ad to bold, italic AND underline this

my sole response is YES YES YES

This joker sounds like a friggin victim. I agree this idiot should have been outed as a hypocrite, but the author doesn't need some lengthy blog about how "I was totally right to do it"

6. Necromancer

Necromancer Guest

Uh, no. We don't out people. Period. Anti-gay gay politicians may be hypocrites, but that does not change the fact that private lives and politics should not go together, or the fact that we don't do that to people, even if they are the worst and totally deserve it. We don't stoop to their level.

The journalist is wrong, full stop.

7. Simple Thoughts

I hate people who try to dance around something they've done =/

People need to learn to except their actions and take responsibility for them.

---------- Post added 27th Mar 2014 at 04:27 PM ----------

I agree that outing people is wrong, but I disagree on one major part.

If a person who is gay themselves is out causing pain and suffering to other gay people, than she/he's lost any respect from me and as he/she's already turned on his/her own than I feel no shame in outing them as a liar and fraud as well as a betrayer both to their cause and themselves.

8. Necromancer

Necromancer Guest

We shouldn't respond to people who are wrong by doing what we proport to be in the wrong. No matter how much it would help our case to do so or how much the individual deserves it or how much harm they do.

9. Simple Thoughts

I get what you're saying, I do.

My problem with that is that in doing so we're letting more people suffer than we're ever helping.

10. Necromancer

Necromancer Guest

Sometimes that's what standing firm to a principle means.

11. Simple Thoughts

My principles lie in 'causing the least harm' not chilling back and waiting idly for other people to get over their emotional buzz while they torture everyone around them in the process.