1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Michigan woman attacked after being targeted

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by pinklov3ly, Apr 1, 2014.

1. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just when I thought things were improving, this happens. This really hits home for me because my ex girlfriend and I used to hang out in the area a lot. Gosh, I really hope they catch the men responsible before this happens again.

This woman was clearly targeted, but this could happen to anyone...

Here's the link http://m.clickondetroit.com/news/wa...ce-investigating-apparent-hate-crime/25265258

#1 pinklov3ly, Apr 1, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
  2. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    And they say us lesbians have it easy and don't get hate crimes :eusa_naug
    This really breaks my heart because i always think this could be me

#2 stocking, Apr 1, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
  3. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I first came out and started publicly showing affection towards the women I've dated, I never feared for my safety. However, after reading this, I am now on alert. It's just crazy because these men thought it was okay to attack this woman because she's gay.

4. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yeah I'm still in the closet but out to my friends but I've been fearing about being out because at my job and even just being out and about i'm constantly harassed by men this makes me want to walk with pepper spray or a tazser to protect myself , I think I might go to a self defense class too just so I can be safe . I just don't feel safe anymore you know I've been worrying about this for months when I realized I was lesbian because I'm already harassed by men now it's gonna be 20 times worse . I'm going to go learn to fight so I can feel safe .

5. Theron

I have always been hyper alert in public. I will barely hold my fiance's hand in public. Kiss him in public? Maybe once or twice in the past YEAR.

6. SheWhoHasNoName

I don't feel safe walking around in public. Even if I'm not doing anything that would give people the idea that I'm a lesbian (holding hands, etc.). That's why I carry a couple knives on me. Probably illegal. But, I live in Texas and hey, it's not like I'm going to rob or hurt somebody without just cause. It's purely for self-defense. I was going to take self-defense classes, until I realized how much they cost. >.< I'm a student, I don't have money for that. P.S. I don't take my knives on campus.

---------- Post added 1st Apr 2014 at 07:53 PM ----------

A year after unsolved shooting, lesbian Texas teen makes heroic recovery - U.S. News

^ This makes me really scared because it happened just under 150 miles (a couple cities over) from where I live. I could drive over there in 2 hours. Some people are just so hateful. It makes me sad. :frowning2:

---------- Post added 1st Apr 2014 at 07:54 PM ----------

I'm happy she's recovering though. :slight_smile:

7. Beetle

This is why I'm super afraid of being in public with a partner and why I carry a knife with me...

That's so sad. She should be happy and some POS bigots need to ruin it and physically harm her.

8. IG88

Omg, this is awful. What's worse is that in addition to the attack being unnecessary because no one should be attacked, there's a legal standstill on the issue anyway. I hope all three of them will be arrested.

It sucks that carrying protection and learning self defense is necessary, but it's always a good idea to prepare for the worse. I hope these attackers and hateful people will actually realize the consequences of what they've done or might do.