1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Just Talking About Same-Sex Marriage With Anti-Gay Voters Can Shift Opinions, Study S

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Melanie, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Simple Thoughts

Re: Just Talking About Same-Sex Marriage With Anti-Gay Voters Can Shift Opinions, Stu

Interesting.

You used Huffington Post so I had to fact check for a minute. ( Huff Post tends to lie blatantly sometimes =/ )

Fact Check conclusion: True. ^^

Yay! You can actually influence change by not shutting up about stuff! <3 <3 <3

2. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Re: Just Talking About Same-Sex Marriage With Anti-Gay Voters Can Shift Opinions, Stu

I'd tend to agree. I've known people in many settings who have known my partner and I for years, and I think that even among more conservative co-workers, it's changed at how they look at gay couples by setting an example: that we are just as dedicated and devoted as anyone. I found this especially true when I worked in this diner in Michigan, a 24 hour place, where you saw all walks of life. Over time, just knowing them and being open helped break down barriers.

3. Melanie

Melanie Guest

It has been my personal experience as well. The findings dont surprise me in the least.

4. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian

A homophobe called me a scumbag just now for wanting to get married excuse me his exact words were your a F:***:kin scumbag . Well we're having a chat right now let's see if this homophobe will change :confused:

5. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Look at Harvey Milk, he changed not only San Francisco's minds, but a lot of people's in California.

6. Necromancer

Necromancer Guest

Feh. I was for gay marriage before it was cool.

7. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian

Now that is a trend setter :thumbsup: