1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Homoerotic Tom of Finland stamps in Finland

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by kem, Apr 16, 2014.

1. kem

kem

Tom Of Finland Stamps Herald 'Confident & Proud Homoeroticism' (PICTURE)

"Literature on the website reads: “His emphatically masculine homoerotic drawings have attained iconic status in their genre and had an influence on, for instance, pop culture and fashion. In his works, Tom of Finland utilised the self-irony and humour typical of subcultures."
    [..]
    Oddly, as Slate points out, Finland is not notably LGBTQ-friendly. Gay marriage is not legal and citizens may only legally change their gender if they are surgically sterilised."

Sure, we can't adopt, nor can we marry, but hey, at least we have stamps celebrating a man who wasn't afraid to draw whatever the fuck he wanted! It's the little things.

2. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I read about this earlier today, and found it curious, as I have a friend in Finland, who can't marry his partner.

I suppose it's nice to see, but I've also never been a fan of this sort of macho, hyper-masculine gay art. It's pretty much the exact opposite of what I find attractive!

But if others like the stamps, fine, but these mustachioed beef-cakes make me go limp.