1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Jews ordered to register in eastern Ukraine

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by GeeLee, Apr 17, 2014.

1. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Jews ordered to register in east Ukraine

Donetsk leaflet: Jews must register or face deportation - Israel News, Ynetnews

I assume the registration of LGBTI folk, other minorities and political dissidents are on the way too.

Welcome to 1930s Germany everyone!

2. aldine

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    As far as I know, nazis are indeed on the side of the provisional government in Ukraine.

3. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's very disturbing to see these fascist-fringe movements gaining momentum in Eastern Europe, and the rest of Europe, as well. Though we can't be sure who is behind this, it's not at all a good sign. One senses the Ukraine could very quickly escalate into a much larger conflict, at the pace things seem to be going.

From Greece to elsewhere, it's scary to see these xenophobic, far-right groups gaining a foothold.

#3 HuskyPup, Apr 17, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  4. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What is wrong with people!!!? My God, how can there be so much hatred against one tiny group of people? :tantrum::bang:

5. anonym

anonym Guest

Do people learn nothing from the past?

6. Zam

Zam

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Why is anyone suprised?

---------- Post added 17th Apr 2014 at 11:00 AM ----------

Just an idea Putin promoted through his network of propaganda.

The provisional gouvernment in Ukraine is nationalistic but not at the same level as Russia's gouvernment.

7. aldine

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    How can one tell something is propaganda or not?

8. burg

The leaflets bore the name of Denis Pushilin, who is identified as chairman of "Donetsk's temporary government,"the interim pro-Russian government.

9. aldine

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I was referring to Svoboda, a nazi-like political party involved in Euromaidan. It seems there's a lot of people with different thinkings that don't like Jews in Ukraine :/

10. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is not a good sign. When a country, a society, starts targeting it's "undesirables" it is usually a sign that worse is to come. Jews and gays are the perfect target, chiefly because they are scattered among the population, seemingly hidden like spies, a paranoiac's wet dream.

Jews (and now gays) are the canary in the coal mine...sensitive to the deadly emanations of hatred and fear.

11. Amerigo

on the bright side, at least they're getting accounted for, unlike the thousands (possibly more) of roma who don't even get registered at birth.

12. WeirdnessMagnet

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Many Russian Jews were actually from Ukraine, as well as some of the most virulent Russian Anti-Semites, from tsarist times to the present day.

What I want to say, is that while Putin's gang of crooks and thieves is definitely responsible for creating the situation where this could happen, it's not like the current Ukrainian government is any less anti-Semitic.

13. Eye Shine

Hopefully some country intervenes before things get out of hand. The only scary thing is making Russia an enemy because they got a buttload of nukes.

14. 7eye

7eye Guest

EU. Please help Ukraine NOW. Russia's a racist, homophobic, anti-Semitic, corrupt authoritarian bitch.

15. aldine

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Sadly, there are the most powerful countries in the World, except China, intervening in Ukraine right now and I think that's exactly why the situation in that country has got out of hand.

---------- Post added 17th Apr 2014 at 08:13 PM ----------

Don't you think it's a little harsh saying all those things against a country?

16. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Jews have been moved around for hundreds, maybe thousands of years now. In 1930's Germany, they thought nothing of their deportations because they were so accustomed to it. Sad that this still happens...

17. Amerigo

lol one could say the same for the ukraine.

plus, most member states wouldn't even rally in their thousands and fight to the death to stay in the EU, why would we help another to join? it's ridiculous we pay so much in advance toward assisting applicant countries as it is.

18. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is fucking scary. I hope people intervene soon.

19. Amerigo

while we are on the topic of the jewish experience in world history (and a fine and relevant point you make, i must credit you for raising the issue), i think it's even sadder that they haven't learned from their unfair marginalisation through what seems like forever and continue to play the victim all the while (i'm directing this at israel, not all jews, but ultimately israel is jew land) "moving around" palestinians to the point where it has gotten ridiculous. imagine if gays started discriminating against straight people after all these years, it'd make even less sense. i feel apprehensive posting this, like, is it even worth it? i don't want to come across as a jew hater myself, because i most certainly am not, but this could easily be manipulated that way. i guess i am just frustrated with all people being so horrid to one another, this particular case is certainly not acceptable, nor is the state of affairs in israel. i'll post anyway, yolo.

20. aldine

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I agree with you about the policy of the country of Israel towards Palestine, but one has to learn to distinguish governments from people of the country those goverments rule. Saying Jews are bad, Russians are bad, USA people are bad is wrong because a whole population can't be responsible of their leader's decisions, not even about what most people in their country think or do. And going deeply, even those who have some bigoted opinions are usually victims of the downsides of the culture they belong to or of the manipulation of power groups or media in their country.

What we as human beings can do to promote more friendliness and acceptance of others is not to react immediately with frustration when hearing or reading a message one sees as hateful or disrespectful, and try to make people see they can be wrong. It may sound naive, but for me it have worked many times, specially with young people who tend to be a little faster to fall in hate speech. And it's an even more useful approach in the Internet, since even if the people you are talking to don't understand, there could be someone who some later time reads what you left and it could sparks something good in him/her.