1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Just show how ignorant my country is about Homosexuality!

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by KyleD, Apr 21, 2014.

1. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Our youth and culture Minister Lisa Hanna announces that the residential aspect of Alpha Boys Home in Jamaica is being shut down because of a number of anti social behaviors among the boys that they don't have enough resources to deal with.

She listed a number of issues why the institution is closing but not surprisingly, the issue of male youth predatory behavior gets the most attention and a group of dumbasses turn this into a homosexuality issue. They are trying to link male predatory behavior to homosexuality.

Now all the boys are stigmatized and just recently one of their buses got stoned and all of them are now being labeled as gay. Isn't that traumatizing the victims of sexual abuse even more? Isn't that stigmatizing an entire segment of our population?

Alpha Boys School has contributed so much to Jamaican society over the past 130 years so it's very sad to see what's happening.

2. BelleFromHell

I'm sorry this happened and I hope attention is brought to this situation soon.
    Is the media saying anything about this?

3. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Unfortunately, the media has already played a huge part in stigmatizing these boys.

The real reason the home is closing is due to a lack of financial resources which has resulted in the development of a wide range of anti social behavior.