1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News LGBT workplace protection bill pulled due to lack of Louisiana lawmakers' support

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by RainDreamer, Apr 22, 2014.

1. RainDreamer

LGBT workplace protection bill pulled due to lack of Louisiana lawmakers' support | NOLA.com
    And yesterday I was hoping I could find a job in the US to move in with my girlfriend... Seems like there is still a long way to go for a safe place to work.

2. BelleFromHell

Ehh...
    Louisiana is the land of Phil Robertson, unfortunately...

As a southerner, I'm not surprised. :frowning2:

3. I know, and I'm from there and it's horrible... I am Christian, but everyone else here decides to take the Bible so literally... They rather put messed up translations above love and equality... And worse of all, even though like 90 something percent of Louisiana is Christian, they have a good piece of crimes, something that a mostly "Christian" state shouldn't have... I'm just saying, I bet half of the people who do those crimes probably think that homosexuality is sin too... Sighs...

I mean, there ARE nice and decent people here, there isn't that much crime, but a lot of the nice people still do believe in the same old thing....

So yeah, I just want this state to start progressing...

4. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It isn't just the south, you can be fired in Ohio and Indiana also, although I've heard that in Ohio state workers are protected, just not private sector employees.