1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Gay Eagle Scout denied employment at Camp because he's gay

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Aare, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Aare

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  2. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hope the Scouts make a turn around soon. This is completely unacceptable. Don't they still discriminate against agnostics and atheists as well?

3. Trentacles

Why do people still want to be a part of this group? It makes no sense to me.

4. BucKeTz

I was a part of BSA until life Scout and honestly, i did it because it was a group of friends. Its a bunch of people that go out hiking, camping, and do charity work. That is the reason I went there. It had nothing to do with religion or anything. I agree it is sad that people are still discriminating certain groups of people, but the only way this will be solved is through knowledge and understanding. You hear about priests and scout leaders molesting children and it creates a scary image for people that don't understand there is a difference between a gay man and a gay child molester.

5. Theron

This is so true. I had someone flat-out accuse me of being a pedophile just because I'm gay. I was with my fiance (boyfriend at the time) and I was like, "My boyfriend is older than me!" 0.o