1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Actress Cameron Diaz

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Tightrope, May 1, 2014.

1. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This doesn't surprise me, though it may or may not say anything about her preferences. Her comments were kind of vague. Within the last few years, Meredith Baxter acknowledged being lesbian, which was somewhat surprising. She always played the girl next door or the strong mom.

Cameron Diaz article:

Cameron Diaz: "Yes, I have been with a lady" - CBS News

For some reason, I sort of wondered about Cameron Diaz's status. She has dated some prominent guys in the entertainment and sports world but she has never married. That's described under "Personal Life" in Wikipedia.

Cameron Diaz - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Any thoughts?

2. Hiems

Some actors and actresses don't feel compelled to use labels. She's similar to Josh Hutcherson in that sense. Like Cameron, Josh seems to be mostly straight. Although he is attracted to girls, he finds guys can look good too. He claims that he wouldn't rule out falling in love with a guy one day.

It's refreshing to see celebrities who don't confine themselves into tiny boxes that society likes to put everyone in.

3. photoguy93

True...but I don't think there's anything wrong with making note of where people fall in those tiny little boxes. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I mean, hey, what if I'm out one day, and I see the celebrity I like - I want to know if I have a chance!

Okay, all joking aside - instead of bashing labels, why not just be open to them?

4. flymetothemoon

For most people, it's not about bashing labels. It's more about feeling like the labels don't exactly fit quite right. For instance, for myself, I have been involved with men, and I was attracted to them, so I don't feel that homosexual or lesbian is quite correct. However, I don't think my attractions/sexual experiences with men were equal to those I have experienced with women, so I don't exactly think bisexual is the right term either. I guess that by experiences, bisexual would be the better term, but based on current attractions, lesbian would be the better label, but neither feels quite right. Due to this, I use the Kinsey scale. I feel like it better allows me to express where I feel I fit.