1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News 93% of Straight Guys In This Study Have Cuddled With Another Guy

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Hiems, May 1, 2014.

1. Hiems

93 Percent Of Straight Men In This Study Said They've Cuddled With Another Guy

Basically the article says it's a generational thing. Older people want to present themselves as more macho, whereas younger people, who were raised in a time where acceptance of gays is increasing, have cuddled with other guys before. Not saying that the societal pressure to be macho is gone, but it's not as apparent as in the past.

What do you guys make of this study? Do you know any straight guys who do this?

I'm also curious about the results of straight women who cuddle with their female friends. Since there isn't societal pressure for women to assert a macho appearance like men, cuddling between women is probably less stigmatized and thus occurs more often than between guys. These are really just generalizations but idk... what do you guys think?

2. Sitri

Great. Most straight guys have gone further with a guy than I have...

3. TheFSM

Out Status:
    A few people
    hell yeah this is great. I alway felt like men feel more akward cuddling eachother than women. Is this a euphamisim for sex? or do they jsut mean sleep in the same bed and cuddle? I know that a lot of straight girls do it.

4. Hiems

^ Not a euphemism for sex. Just cuddling which is embracing another person in your arms.

LOL I'm in the same boat as you. You're not alone haha. To be fair, these guys cuddle with male friends who are okay with being touchy-feely. I don't have any friends, guys or girls, who are like that -sigh- ._.

5. Camerooon

I hug straight guys all the time, and cuddle my best friend constantly. He's straight and knows I'm gay, but we're both comfortable having this weird bromance and our friendship is great.

6. photoguy93

Yet another reason why I think I'm actually a 73 year old stuck in a 21 year old's body.

I don't really believe it. I wonder if maybe the meaning of cuddling was interpreted? I don't know. I just do not buy it.

I know - some of you will say "well it's all possible!" Seriously - you'd want to spend your time cuddling with a straight guy? That's eventful. haha.

And on another note - why did they use James Franco as an example? I mean...come on! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. Jacob D

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    this study can't be true. sure i hug my male friends but cuddling in bed with? i don't think so.

8. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Am I the only one that equates this to straight men pretending to "cuddle" in order to make fun of queer men?

9. homoblomo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    all I want to know is where can I meet the 93% of those guys?

I need me some cuddling.

10. Zam

Zam

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  11. photoguy93

Oh, DUH! That makes total sense! I didn't think of that... I wonder if we found all those guys and asked them if the other guy was gay. I could totally see the numbers going wayyyy down.

12. The username

Doubt it.

Anyway, I have absolutely cuddle with straight people before.
    Some of my old roommates put their bed together and slept in the same bed and they are not gay to my knowledge.

Keep in mind the study was with 40 students at a single university.

13. Kenaz

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ignore it then, not enough evidence to make any weight to these statistics.

They need more people, more diversity to it, and multiple locales to even begin a serious body of data.

14. 741852963

Me neither. I'm guessing by "cuddle" they mean hug. I know a lot of guys who will give you a brief hug upon greeting (10sec<). I don't personally know any straight guys who would "cuddle"* another guy, let alone admit to it so 93% seems a bit ridiculous. A couple of guys pick me up/fire-mans lift me in a jokey manner but thats about it. Don't get me wrong it would be great if they did, as you could just cuddle without there being any strings attached. But in the real world, nope.

*Cuddle to me suggests something lasting longer than 10 seconds, usually done for the pleasure of being held/touched rather than as simply a gesture or sign of greeting. There is usually some movement or nuzzling as well.

15. Yosia

Ive cuddled with a straight boy before, i was really tired and we were on a bus going home so he let me rest my head on his shoulder and sleep but then he put his arm round me and we fell into more of a cuddle ^.^

16. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wish one of them would cuddle with me! Jerks! haha :thumbsup:

17. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I asked a few straight guys I know, and they all said the same thing, no. Not even after drinking all night no. One guy said that when was in the army there were times when he was in a small 2 person tent and you were almost sleeping right next to someone, and still no.

18. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

If "teh ghey" is as contagious as most straight guys are certain it is, sure it has the ability to leap the gap between sleepers in a small two-person tent. Might as well go ahead and cuddle, boys. :rolle: