1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disarming HIV -- A potential vaccine.

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by otc877, Aug 4, 2008.

1. otc877

otc877 Guest

2. agraves

Sounds promising. I hope it actually works, so many lives will be saved. I bet it would cost a fortune though.

3. Alexander

I would pay $10,000 for a shot if it meant I could never get HIV.

4. AeonToy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    10,000 at least. this shot, if it works, and i pray that it does, is worth an entire life. but what about all the people who dont have the money or the opportunity to get this vaccination?

dang... i hope this works

5. Arrk

That would be a miracle in a bottle (well, needle really).

I hope that their trials are successful with humans...it would be a happy day for everyone. :]

6. kevinx519

it sounds like its actually going to work. although id rather not be put into a situation where HIV is present, id want to have this vaccine for precautions. i hope they get enough money for clinical trials. too many people are dieing to wait any longer.

7. Bookmarked

Hmmm. If it works, it would be brilliant. Then again, it would be nice if they made it more available to the poor in Africa who -really- need it. HIV is practically endemic in those parts.

I wish they had a little more about the science behind it, because it sounds really really interesting. If they've found a part of the virus that doesn't mutate, it'll be a key part in making a cure. Then again, if the abzyme thing targets that particular part of the protein, natural selection and evolution will cause the virus to mutate (maybe), so it's possible that this'll only be temporary.

8. unouxx3me

unouxx3me Guest

I don't think it would cost ten grand...since insurance companies would probably pay for the cost of the vaccine since it would save them millions when it comes to the cost of medications and hospital visits when it progresses to AIDS. It would also help all of the issues in Africa, and help many many people live happy, healthy lives.