1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News 23yr old woman poses as 15yr old to have sex with minors

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Simple Thoughts, May 12, 2014.

1. Simple Thoughts

Anna Areola-Hernandez Allegedly Lures Child Into Sex, Gives Him STD

Well this was my lovely morning read today. >.>

I was actually less disturbed by the fact a woman was falsifying her age and messing around with minors than I was by the endless stream of comments posted up calling those children 'lucky'.

I guess men are 'lucky' to be raped by women....no double standards in our society though =/

2. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yea that does annoy me. The whole "lucky" thing.

3. Simple Thoughts

I don't see what's lucky about being raped, getting an STD, and possibly having a child at 13 >.<

4. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    She was clearly being deceitful, but it doesn't really constitute 'rape'. Statutory rape, yes, since the people in question are below the age of consent so cannot legally give their consent (even if they willingly engaged in sex). Pointless pedantry on my part though - since she is breaking the law whichever way you cut it.

I do agree with you about double-standards. If it was a 15 or 16 year old she was having sex with, I wouldn't bat an eye lid, but this person may well be a prepubescent, and if it was a man having sex with a female minor, there would be uproar - and rightly so. 13-year-olds hardly have the best judgement of character, either - too young and naive.

#4 imnotreallysure, May 12, 2014
    Last edited: May 12, 2014
  5. BelleFromHell

I hate the rape double standard. Rape is rape.

It shouldn't matter what the genders of the attacker or victim are. A male rape victim can feel just as violated as a female one. All the double standard does it imply that women are weaker than men, and deprive male rape victims of help. =/

6. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    WTH, woman!? EWWWWW. There's no way a 13 year old boy didn't look like a kid. Plus, she's specifically targeting little boys. Technically, it was statutory rape but regardless of the legal verbiage, an adult who is attracted to children is a pedophile, plain and simple. This woman should be locked up for life - or better, given to the parents of her victims.

If she's pregnant, she should be forced to have an abortion. I wish that there was a way to test for pedophile/ rapist brain chemistry and just eliminate such people before they ever harm anyone.

---------- Post added 12th May 2014 at 02:48 PM ----------

WTH, woman!? EWWWWW. There's no way a 13 year old boy didn't look like a kid. Plus, she's specifically targeting little boys. Technically, it was statutory rape but regardless of the legal verbiage, an adult who is attracted to children is a pedophile, plain and simple. This woman should be locked up for life - or better, given to the parents of her victims.

If she's pregnant, she should be forced to have an abortion. I wish that there was a way to test for pedophile/ rapist brain chemistry and just eliminate such people before they ever harm anyone.

7. Sarcastic Luck

..Yet some people have the urges but never act on them.

8. Shiny Espeon

There is no question she did wrong. She knowingly mislead a 13 year old into having sex with her. Rape, statutory rape, I don't care what you call it, she needs to go away.

This argument could be used by homophobes against the LGBT community. Just change out "pedophile/rapist" with "LGBT." Not all pedophiles act on their urges. It is the act of molesting/raping a child that is wrong, as a child can't consent.

9. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    When I comes to sex children and rape are the worst

10. Aldrick

This outrages me. So, you have an adult woman here lying about her age and manipulating a thirteen year old boy into sex. She has also admitted to manipulating another boy into sex as well, and police believe that there could be others. She's allegedly pregnant and has probably given the boy an STI.

I don't know if it's possible, but if she's pregnant they should force her to have an abortion. Hopefully, the STI is something treatable, and nothing serious.

This woman belongs in prison, where she should remain for the rest of her life, as she is a serial predator.

11. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Not sure I like the idea of forced abortion because the mother allegedly did wrong. I think that opens the door to a whole load of unintended possibilities.

EDIT: I've got no problem with social services taking the kid off her though.

12. Aldrick

Oh, don't get me wrong. I feel squeamish about the idea as well. It's just that I hate the idea of a thirteen year old boy essentially being forced to be a father, or being put in a position where he knows he has a kid out there somewhere but doesn't know who or where that kid is... just imagine growing up and living your life knowing that you have a kid out there, but you can't find them. To me, that's worse than the rape.

The only alternative is that the kid be born, and be taken in and raised by his grandparents. However, that's effectively the equivalent of having a girl whose been raped at thirteen give birth to the baby, and then being forced to raise it with her parents. It could be equally damaging.

So, I think, in this situation there needs to be a discussion with the boy, his parents, and a therapist. The boy and his family should get to make the decision on what to do with the pregnancy, since she voided all her rights as a parent the moment she coerced him into having sex with her. No matter what happens, she'll never see that child, preferably because she'll never get out of prison.

The goal should be to minimize the damage to the victim.

13. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

How revolting!

14. newfish

Not rape? This is straight-up pedophilia. A 13 year-old can't consent to sex with an adult, and ESPECIALLY not if this adult is lying about their age.

15. Simple Thoughts

Why doesn't it constitute rape? =/

As for forced abortions...I don't like the idea of that. There should be some sort of alternatives to that. It makes me squeamish just thinking about it. It's one thing if a woman decides to get an abortion, but another if an abortion is forced on someone...it's like your sentencing a child to death for someone else's crimes. ( that's just me though )

#15 Simple Thoughts, May 12, 2014
    Last edited: May 12, 2014
  16. newfish

I don't know about sentencing a child to death, but it does make me squeamish. No matter what said child should NOT be left in her care, but forcing a procedure on someone is a weird ethical line.

17. Simple Thoughts

I see it that way myself ( hence the 'that's just me' line )

18. Aldrick

I don't know about the whole 'sentencing a child to death' thing, unless she's about to pop it out or something, but I understand about the squeamishness.

However, what real alternatives are there? You basically have three choices:

1. Abort the fetus.
    2. Place the infant in foster care, hopefully to be adopted.
    3. Place the infant in the care of the grandparents of the boy she raped.

If you select option number two, then the thirteen year old victim is going to grow up knowing he has a child somewhere out in the world. He isn't going to know who that child is, or whether or not they had a decent life. Imagine growing up knowing you had a kid somewhere out there in the world, and then imagine how bad you'd probably feel if things went poorly for them. For example, they grew up in foster care with no family, or they grew up believing that they had parents who simply didn't want them. Or perhaps just as bad, they grow up knowing the truth that they were the product of rape, and therefore wasn't wanted as a child.

If you select option number three, it might seem like the best solution. However, you're effectively forcing a thirteen year old kid into becoming a father, and forcing him to raise his own rape-baby. If the genders were reversed here, we wouldn't want a young thirteen year old girl being forced to give birth to and raise her rape-baby. Yet, that's basically what we're doing to the boy in this case.

This leaves us with option one. Out of the three options, I think it's the most humane to the thirteen year old victim. If he were a thirteen year old girl who was pregnant by rape, I think most people would probably feel that she should abort the child as it's in her best interest. I think this woman voided any rights she had to the child and the pregnancy the moment she decided to coerce him into having sex with her, and therefore the choice on what to do falls to the thirteen year old boy and his parents. They should be the ones, with the support and guidance of a qualified therapist, to decide what the ultimate fate of the fetus or child should be.

Maybe I'm missing something, but these seem like the only options to me. In my mind, despite the squeamish nature of what has happened, the goal should be to do what is in the thirteen year old's best interest. He's the victim here, and we shouldn't loose sight of that no matter how squeamish it might seem.

19. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Every argument ever invented can be used against someone. 'People' who get off by torturing and humiliating others are nothing more than hollow vessels, not human beings. Pedophiles and rapists don't have rights. If they have the urge, they shouldn't exist.

20. Sarcastic Luck

You know. Plenty of people post in the anonymous section upset and confused because they found a young teen attractive.

They don't need to see this.

Urges do not make a person evil.