1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Law of Attraction and Gay Rights

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by beckyg, Aug 6, 2008.

1. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
  2. Hoppip

That was interesting...

I still think gay marriage should be made into law.

But I guess the point is:

stop being so pessimistic and shut up and realize all the good things that happen to you and vote.

3. tylerksub

tylerksub Guest

I wonder what that women is like drunk... I watched it yesterday and she seemed to jump around a lil but "Their" speech at the end was pretty good.

4. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I think the main point is that to reach the goal we have to focus on the positive and not the negative. For instance if we're always thinking of what has happened to gay people in the past we become stuck thinking about all the injustice and it becomes negative. We need to have more appreciation for the progress. The law of attraction is simply turning your thoughts around. Instead of saying (or thinking) all these states have amended their constitutions to ban same sex marriage. We instead think "I feel great appreciation that the California Supreme Court did was right and are now allowing same sex marriages. All those people who have waited so long can now become legally wed. I feel much happiness for them." As you feel appreciation, then you attract more of the same. Stop focusing on the injustices and fighting against these people whom we know are wrong. Instead show them some love. Be yourself. Be true. Be happy and soon those good thoughts will multiply and we change the world. :slight_smile:

I'm sure by now all of you have heard of The Secret. Well Esther Hicks was in the original version of that movie. However, the people making the movie thought the mainstream public wasn't ready for somebody who claimed to be channeling an entity. It was just too weird so her part was cut. My son introduced me to her and at first I thought this woman is totally psycho and I'm pretty open minded about this kind of stuff. After I listened for awhile, I realized she (or he) was saying some pretty good stuff whether its her OR the entity she supposedly channels. If you are interested in hearing some more, there is some video clips on YouTube and also some stuff on their website. http://www.abraham-hicks.com/lawofattractionsource/index.php

I think it really helps if you feel anxiety alot. It helped me! I personally prefer Abraham to The Secret. The Secret is more money/materialism focused. Abraham talks more about your emotional and spiritual well-being.

5. Nicvcer

Nicvcer Guest

I use "The Secret" techniques frequently, not for money/materialism, but in my own way, like saying im gonna have a great day in the morning, or asking for parking, or meeting new people and making friends. It worked great today, as it will tomorrow :slight_smile:

6. tylerksub

tylerksub Guest

I havent read the Secret but i do have this audio book called The Astonishing Power Of Emotions by (or spoken by not sure)Esther Hicks and Jerry Hicks. Havent gotten myself around to it yet but the first few chapters are about how the media edited The Secret so much the message was lost and some thing about Vibrations... Abraham is mentioned alot but sometime when i got day off i'll report back. She might be crazy but she is a good speaker.