LGBT News Anti-Gay Mother's Day Protester Gets Slushie Thrown At Her

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dinah, May 13, 2014.

1. 741852963

Just watched one video and it says the police were called by the woman with the sign "because she felt uncomfortable". Well don't hold an aggravating and controversial sign up on the sidewalk then you silly woman!

2. Derivative

Derivative Guest

Wouldn't waste my slushie on her. Her sign does bother me though; inconsistent line spacing! :frowning2:

3. Dinah

Third star to the right & straight on til morning.
    [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd1lndRs-_U]The Burger king song feat Peter Griffen - YouTube[/youtube]

4. BelleFromHell

Yep, never coming out of this closet again.

5. Dinah

Have I offended you somehow??? :icon_sad:

6. BelleFromHell

No, you haven't! I'm just sick of religious nuts metaphorically giving me finger.

I do like the fact that someone through a slushie at her, though. JUSTICE.

7. Dinah

(*hug*)

Well if it makes you feel any better, <---- this religious 'nut' is equally fed up with the judgmental bullshit from religion as a whole that is supposed to be all love and non-judgmental acceptance of everyone, regardless of anything that sets them apart as different.

8. BelleFromHell

Thank you. (*hug*)

I wish there were less judgmental religious people and more non-judgmental ones in the world, like you.

9. Simple Thoughts

I don't think the slushie throwing did anyone any favors, but it did brighten my day up a bit. Something I sorta wish I could do to bigots

10. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    She's only right because people become gay in the womb. But... she didn't know that. So I give her no credit.

11. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

The sign is not only obviously of very poor production quality, but the wording of the sign is also very poorly constructed and unclear in meaning.

Even in the Huffington Post comments section, I noticed people were interpreting it different ways.

"THANK YOUR MOM TODAY FOR NOT BEING GAY!"

Are you thanking your mother for not being a lesbian herself? Because if she were a lesbian, she wouldn't have given birth to you? Because obviously lesbians are biologically incapable of giving birth? Of course the whole premise is absurd. Might as well hold up a sign saying "THANK YOUR MOM TODAY FOR NOT TAKING BIRTH CONTROL" or "THANK YOUR DAD TODAY FOR NOT WEARING A CONDOM". If two people want to bring a child into this world to raise, they will find a way to do so, whether they are male, female, gay, straight. (Of course the problem is straight people tend to accidentally produce lots of unwanted children, abuse them and ruin their lives, leading to maladjusted adults.)

Or are you thanking your mother for not making you gay? Like "Thanks Mom, you did a good job raising me so I turned out straight." Thus if you're the mother of a gay child, you are a shitty mother and a failure in life, you are to blame, not thank, for producing a gay child. And if you're a gay person, spend Mother's Day blaming your mother for making you into the abomination that you are.

Either way, it's a pretty pathetic way for this woman to spend her Mother's Day, standing on the side of the road as a one-woman protest holding a crappily-made hateful sign trying to make gays and parents of gays feel shitty about themselves. Apparently her own mother or her own children don't want to be around her; who could blame them?!

Also, this woman brought pepper spray with her and threatened to use it on the young woman who slushied her. Obviously she knew she was being provocative and was prepared for physical confrontation. I have no sympathy for her.

Of course the right-wingers in the comments section are decrying what horrible violent hypocrites the LGBT people are for this vicious violent assault on an innocent Christian out professing her freedom of religion. This from the same crew who wanted to make George Zimmerman into a national hero for 'standing his ground' and pursuing and shooting to death an unarmed teen. Now they throw hissy fits about what a violent assault was perpetrated by gays, with a slushie as the murder weapon (we don't even know whether the woman who threw the slushie was herself LGBT).

Getting a slushie thrown on her sign does not constitute "assault".

Gays are bullied, beaten, murdered on the streets everyday just for being who they are- because of the climate of fear and hate created by people like this woman, Christine Weick.

Christine Weick intentionally set out to be a provocateur standing on a public street holding a hateful sign, she was armed with pepper spray (an actual weapon), the worst she got in response was a little slushie on her sign, and she called the police to whine and make herself into the victim, like Christians always do. Cry me a river.

12. DoriaN

It goes both ways, judging is from the religious and non-religious. The best part of the article was that the young man who had the "**** her" sign felt remorse and they talked about the Gospel.

imo the problem for a lot of Christians is sometimes letting go. If we believe in the Holy Spirit, and are to put our trust in Jesus, why should we be the ones to force another into a certain way?

I would rather welcome any LGBT brother or sister and have the Holy Spirit convict someone, rather than deny them the initial welcome in the first place. Only God can change the heart, so let God's love show the truth than man desperately forcing it on someone.

Passion goes a long way, and we (myself included) can sometimes be overcome by it being too zealous. She should not have had a slushie thrown at her, she should not have written the words she had on her sign, instead she could have written something to further the kingdom rather than question.

Some take love too far, and some don't take it far enough.

13. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Would it have been too much to write a sign that said "down with this sort of thing" and a pride flag with an x through it? Simple, to the point, a reference to a classic piece of comedy and leaves no room for misinterpretation.

Instead she's just prompted a debate about semantics.

14. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    And that's what you missed on Glee!

15. The username

Some people just have too much time on their hands. I mean...

And I'm not certain what the woman was trying to accomplish. Showing the world that she is a bigot? Congratulations, you win.

16. Emberblaze

I hate when people bring religion into the gay debate.

This is the way I see it: would God rather everyone in this world waste all of their energy fighting other human beings and waste all of their energy to actively be hateful towards others?
    Or would God rather us put aside these SIMPLE, SMALL, PETTY details and exert our effort trying to fix the things that are really wrong with the world.

Now, if I turn out to be wrong about it all and all of us gay people DO go to hell for being gay, well at least I'll be able to die happy knowing that I was able to make a difference in this world during my life time.

And that is my argument against the religious debate.

17. The username

^And it will just be a big queer party in Hell if your wrong :slight_smile:

18. all paths

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    xD LOL

Thank you.

If Glee has taught me nothing else, it's that it's wrong and mean (and sometimes dangerous) to Slushie people. *nods*

19. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    She also made a sign that said "Warning! God draws a line on gay marriage." ?

That's very interesting. According to her, with all the thievery, robbery, physical assaults, war, starvation, rape and murder in the world, that's what God draws a line on?