1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Supporting Sam

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by RedR, May 13, 2014.

1. RedR

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    As almost everyone knows Michael Sam became the first openly gay player to be drafted into the NFL. I could not have been more proud of that moment. I am a lifetime fan of the Denver Broncos but the rams just became my #2 team and I have already found a Sam jersey. BUT as most of us would have expected the bigots are coming out in force. Most of the backlash is over the kiss Sam shared with his boyfriend. However, a friend shared a story with me on Facebook, a story I want to share with the community: 'Relentless' Boycott Planned Against Any Team That Drafts Michael Sam | Right Wing Watch
    :eek: I understand that this story was written and these threats were made before the draft even took place, but if these people try to make good on their threats then I think the community should come together in support of Sam. I for one will buy as much Rams memorabilia as I can afford. I am hoping that others will see this atrocity and help out any way they are able.
    I am also wanting to hear what others think about the story I linked. I for one find it horrible. Thanks friends! :thumbsup:

2. frostedflakes

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I fully support Michael Sam. I am glad that he had the courage to come out of the closet, and even better for him to be drafted by an NFL team.

3. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I support Sam 110% as a Mizzou football fan. I even ordered his NFL Rookie jersey today for when he's assigned a number. :slight_smile:

4. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
  5. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's alright, there's always counterboycotting.

6. piano71

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The Rams and Visa already have done their homework. I'm sure they've figured out they have more to gain from an alliance with Michael Sam, than they have to lose from a call for a boycott on the extreme right.

I'm going to sit back and watch this "boycott" effort fizzle out. :slight_smile: