1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Gay penguins in Kent zoo are 'the best parents'

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by SaleGayGuy, May 14, 2014.

1. SaleGayGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
  2. Brandiac

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I read about something like this in a science magazine a few weeks ago. It was really surprising to see that homosexuality occurs in hundreds if not thousands of species.

3. Mzansi

I don't see the point in telling the whole world they're gay,
    They're now parents,
    And have obviously taken on the role of doing so,
    Their sexuality is IRRELEVANT,
    And quite frankly not going to change peoples minds,
    Just let it be,
    I'm just glad the little chick is being looked after by two obviously loving parents!

End of.

4. jargon

Well I thought it was adorable. :slight_smile:

But sadness that this isn't Kent, Ohio where I'm moving in a couple months. I got all excited to go visit them.

5. Theron

Very cute. Male penguins make good parents anyway.

6. PurpleGrey

That Hurricane is a dick.

I see this article as a sort of parallel to human life regarding unwanted, abandoned, or whatever children adopted by same-sex parents as a minor argument for adoption by same-sex couples. Or rather, one reads the article and thinks of one damn good reason same-sex parents should be able to adopt, that is to provide homes to children.

I have no idea what the hell I'm doing with this comment, I'm gonna shut up now.

7. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Um, how is their sexuality irrelevant? One of the most common anti-gay arguments against homosexuality is that it's "unnatural" and human beings are the only sinful ones who choose to engage in it, while animals in nature are always heterosexual. This flies in the face of their bullshit talking points.

And yes, it's a pretty damn good parallel to human society, where a father produces an unwanted child and then runs away, leaving the mother unable to care for the child effectively and leading to the child's neglect. The gay male penguin couple taking in and adopting the baby penguin whose father neglected it is like the same-sex human couple who adopts a child who was being neglected by his/her heterosexual birth parents.

8. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think it's a nice, positive story. Gay parents are still unusual even among humans, so the point of this story is to show even "gay" animals (who knows, one could be transgender...) retain parental instincts and can successfully rear babies.

9. Molly1977

very very cute story - thank you for sharing

10. poppy

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    " Mr Binskin's wife Jackie said Hurricane was a "very inconsiderate partner who is happy to get Isobel pregnant", then "seems to think that his job is done". "

this made me laugh so much

11. all paths

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I find it kind of surprising, actually, that they would let a father with such a bad parenting instinct to continually reproduce and replicate his genes.

I mean, couldn't it result in just a whole host of bad father mini-me's? (Out of his male offspring?)

If I were them, I'd retire his ass. ...And while they were at it, his peen and his balls, too. :roflmao:

#11 all paths, May 17, 2014
    Last edited: May 17, 2014
  12. TigerInATophat

Out Status:
    Some people
    When I read the words 'gay penguins' in the title my first thought was are they actually gay or have humans just assumed they are because penguins always look like impeccably well-dressed gentlemen :lol:

But indeed they are and the article is lovely and heartwarming.

[/QUOTE]If I were them, I'd retire his ass. ...And while they were at it, his peen and his balls, too. :roflmao:[/QUOTE]

They should send the CSA (Chick Support Agency) after Hurricane to confiscate a percentage of his fish to give to the chick, that will teach him!

13. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You see gays and lesbians that want kids will do a good job taking care of them even the ones that were abandoned , If they let gays and lesbians adopt i bet many the Forster kids would have a happy home and love all they want is love and loving parents .
    I bet that little chick is happy to have parents that love it and want it :icon_bigg