1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Sudanese Woman Sentenced to Death for ‘Apostasy’

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by action160, May 15, 2014.

1. action160

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  2. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How can they stop it?

Sometimes I imagine that I had 'super' powers. Obviously you can't create matter or energy from nothing so it makes sense to me that I'd have to offer up my body as a sacrificial 'battery'.

But nobody has super powers, and all we can do is look away when the ax strikes the chopping block.

3. Simple Thoughts

A country that's made it's religion law is killing people based on belief...that's shocking.

If Christianity were law it'd go pretty much the exact same way.

Stuff like this is why we hear in the U.S. have the whole 'Separation of Church and State' thing in our constitution...though I hear the supreme court decided recently that the first amendment only applies to Christians, basically tossing it into the trash.

4. Beware Of You

She wasn't even a Muslim to start with, her Mum raised her Christian since her father was absent, since her Father is a Muslim that automatically makes her one in the eyes of Sharia

5. garudamon11

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This story is so depressing.. Can't we start a petition on some organization? She should be free to believe what she wants and marry who she wants!

6. Aldrick

That's the good news. Perhaps there is some way to negotiate her release, and her finding asylum in another country with her family.

7. DoriaN

Uh, what? Do you know anything about Christianity? How are these two in any relation? I'm flabbergasted.

8. Simple Thoughts

I know plenty about Christianity...are you familiar with a time period known as 'The Dark Ages'? That's what the world is like when Christianity is in control.

My point here wasn't actually a jab at Christianity mind you, my point was that when you make religious belief law bad things tend to happen. My overall point was that we should stop making religion law.

---------- Post added 15th May 2014 at 05:25 PM ----------

What can you do, children are the property of their parents. That's pretty much the case world-wide.

9. thekillingmoon

What a sad world we live in. They want to execute her for marrying a man, imagine if she wanted to marry a woman...

10. DoriaN

Yes, after the decline of the oppressive roman empire, in a desperate attempt to keep order and their pagan religion, the romans re-skinned their religion to look Christian but was none of the sort. During this time under pagan-Christian rule, the harlot church murdered and killed millions, burning them, mostly practicing Christians. The catholic church did not want the Bible to be made public, and all it's translations were in latin. A system of control.
    When brave individuals like Luther got a hold of it, he realized that the very church he served was the whore of babylon from Revelation chapter 17. This started the Protestant movement and divided the churches. Hitler himself claimed that the holocaust was him "finishing what the vaticanus had started". The list goes on.
    It's shameful and heartbreaking that evil men used a facade for their own gain, but such things will come to an end eventually.

The Vatican City And Rome: Esoteric Beyond Belief | Humans Are Free

Mark Of The Beast And Paganism In The Catholic Church

Unfortunetly most Catholics today, who are good Christians, don't realize the hidden evil in the apostate church.

"And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:"
    -An apostate church (a woman, in this case harlot), that is made up of many nations (waters).

"with whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication."
    -The rulers of our current world all meet with the pope, and the vatican is very, very wealthy.

"And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:"
    -Purple and red are trademark colours of their church, blue is missing, you can google this easily. The golden cup will be familiar to many. Here is an eery picture of the currency of vaticanus city:
    http://emmilglenn.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/vatican-coin.jpg

"And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration."
    -Because of the dark ages, many were killed, 60 million or so? Insanely tragic.

"The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is. 9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth. "
    -A beast represents a kingdom, in this case Rome. Rome was, and is no longer in control, but will rise again. The apostate church sits on 7 hills/mountains, what today is known for being popular as a city that sits on seven hills?

"And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues."

"And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth."
    - 'That' great city. Very easy to put 2 and 2 together.

"For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many."
    -A dynasty of popes, the so-called 'vicar of Christ', Christ on earth. Anti in greek means 'instead of' or 'substitute', not necessarily opposite. The pope is a substitute Christ, the mainstream world fawns over him, a normal man, and a jesuit at that.

---------------

So yes, I am familiar, and appalled at the abominable practices that people do not recognize. This is a very short pre-cursor of what is going on. If you want to discuss more we could talk in private.

11. Simple Thoughts

I've never heard the 'No True Scotsman' fallacy put into so many paragraphs.

12. DoriaN

Right, so show me the part where Christians by definition are to murder, burn people, control others, and sleep with little boys.

Because catholic =/= Christian, and Christian =/= catholic.

13. Simple Thoughts

Have you read the old testament? Like at all? Take a casual read through Leviticus and you'll see plenty of rules that the punishment for breaking is death. Some are completely pointless too.

1.) the 'sleep with little boys' thing was a generalization and you just offended someone else's religious belief, but I'm sure you dont' care that you did because only yours are allowed to matter in your closed off mind.

2.) There is plenty in the bible about raping little girls.

Christian = follower of Christ

Catholic = follow of Christ + some saints

^ note the similarity here?

Also, this isn't supposed to be a religious debate. If you want to continue with this PM me, if not can we get back on topic?

14. DoriaN

Sure, but for the record that's Judaic law, not Christian law. Christians do not follow the 613 Levitical laws. Even still I assure you I could reason the old laws, they were not 'pointless'. This is astounding.

Also by the same following, the secular figureheads in the government who make bad decisions automatically makes all secular people evil.

Of course not, this is not group mentality, there will be good and bad people from any denomination, group, society, or structure.

I already said that we could discuss it in a PM, so it's on you, but I think the main point is made.

Apologies to the rest of the forum.

15. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Shut up about this religion nonsense it's annoying and your ignorance is pissing me off.

16. 7eye

7eye Guest

I'm sorry, but this is why I hate religions at times.

17. Ridiculous

Haha thank you! Interesting how quickly this thread about a woman being killed under Islamic law turned into a thread about "Christianity isn't bad!!"

Make no mistake, Islam and Christianity are just are awful as each other, and if you were to look at the unabated and un-apologised scriptures and tenets, Christianity would likely come out as the more brutal and barbaric of the two.

However the difference comes from the fact that (modern) Christianity has been abated and apologised for significantly, whereas Islam has comparatively little. The death penalty is prescribed multiple times in Christianity but they aren't taken seriously. The death penalty is prescribed multiple times in Islam and they are taken seriously.
    Similarly, punishing a rape victim is present in both Christianity and Islam, but is only followed in Islam. The same applies for woman as property, and more trivial things like bizarre eating restrictions.

Additionally western liberals protect Islam and actively discourage any criticism towards it and these sorts of practices in our fervent effort to hold up multiculturalism and religious tolerance. This is almost as bad as Christian conservatives playing up fear towards them and encouraging ostracism.

18. Simple Thoughts

Honestly I just picked a bad example for the point I was trying to make ^^"

I didn't want it to turn into a fight, I was merely stating that making one religion law over any other is most likely gonna end up going bad.