1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News New York Radio Hosts Kimberly And Beck Fired After Making Anti-Transgender Remarks

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by RainDreamer, May 23, 2014.

1. RainDreamer

[Source]

2. Aldrick

Re: New York Radio Hosts Kimberly And Beck Fired After Making Anti-Transgender Remark

This is how it should be done. I am glad that the statement put out by the Vice President and General Manager of Entercom was so blunt and honest. Usually these statements have a ton of weasel words in them. I'm glad she called it out for what it is: hate.

3. Minamimoto_Fan

Re: New York Radio Hosts Kimberly And Beck Fired After Making Anti-Transgender Remark

TBH, I'm surprised this didn't happen sooner, especially after seeing how they've treated some of their callers and guests. I listened in once to see what ol' Beck was up to out of curiosity and it was just him yelling at the top of his lungs belittling a caller after he hung up on them because he didn't like their opinion. Needless to say, I got off there asap because that was all I could stomach

4. Simple Thoughts

*listens to entire broadcast*

That was horrible to listen to.

Glad they got fired.

5. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

yea i heard about this on another site at first. my first reaction was " to hell with that damn radio station. it's not like they have anything to offer these days because they like to play the same thing over and over. it decredits DJ's as a whole and blah blah blah."

now that i hear the whole thing, it's pretty offensive, and they got no excuse for it. the fact that they kept on going, doesn't really make it any more or less better.

6. tscott

Being a local this has been a s--tstorm. I'm of two minds. First, I applaud the firing. Their lack of respect and immaturity is beyond reproach, but there is also a free speech issue (a major sticking point), and a missed opportunity to educate them and their listener about the real issues those who are transgendered face (perhaps the station may yet visit this one).

I fear political correctness greatly; one need only read Animal Farm to know the tyranny of "tolerance." By the same token, ignorance like this in an adult world is unexceptable.

For this to have have happened in the city of Susan B. Anthony, Frederick Douglas, and one that has been very accepting of its gay community with the longest continuing gay newspaper, The Empty Closet in the country, despite being known as Smugtown, is extremely sad.

7. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I could just go for the jugular against these idiots.

8. Holdingb

Holdingb Guest

I saw Kimberly and Beck and I was thinking WTF I listened to those guys a lot... but then again, they never were the best or most polite :l Damn, though... why do Rochester stations always suck....