1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Maryland's Governor to consider presidency

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Claudette, May 23, 2014.

1. Claudette

Claudette Guest

Gov. Martin O

Governor Martin O'malley maybe our next Democratic candidate for the White house in 2016.
    If you are unfamiliar(Huskeypup I know you aren't lol) with O'malley he was the Mayor of Baltimore, who quite literally turned the city around after two terms, he then moved to Govern Maryland, where he kept the state strong through the recession, and worked closely with many of the States LGBTQ groups to help spread equality in Marriage, adoptions, housing, public amenities etc etc

2. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    O'Malley has pretty much zero chance of going far if he runs, even if Hillary doesn't run, which she will.

He's like the Democrat version of Tim Pawlenty.

3. JStevens96

JStevens96 Guest

He won't get far.

4. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Damn. I liked Martin O'Malley.

5. He's not so well heard of compared to Jindal (R-LA), Perry (R-TX), Brown (D-CA), and Cuomo (D-NY).

I looked him up on Ontheissues.com and he seems to be socially liberal, economically conservative.

Maybe if we gave him a chance, he may help turn the nation around. I don't think that he'll get elected though.

6. ANightDude

Plenty of people have surprised us in the past. Half the time our predictions are way off. In 2008 everyone assumed it would be a Clinton/Giuliani race and it obviously ended up being McCain/Obama.

I also wouldn't put too much faith in Clinton running. While she knows how much people want her to, the Clintons have become much more health conscious in recent years and have become very focused on their family life, so it wouldn't be a huge shock for me if Clinton decides she'd like to have a quiet retirement rather than the presidency. Just my opinion however.

Don't much about Maryland's Governor, but it'd be an interesting race if he did, no doubt.

7. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You don't travel around the country, make as many public public appearances as she has, and meet with donors and staff if you don't plan on running. She's pretty much running in the "invisible primary" right now that all presidential candidates do before making it official.

Clinton is going to run for president again. I guarantee it.

#7 Mike92, May 23, 2014
    Last edited: May 23, 2014
  8. Whiteboymdew

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    He is pretty unknown. I don't know how he would do outside of Maryland. I feel like if Hillary does run she would win the nomination of course.