1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Starbucks guy exploits program for drink

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Randy, May 31, 2014.

1. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you have been on Twitter, you have (probably) heard about the man who got a $54 Starbucks drink for free exploting the Gold card program that is in place.

Thought the Internet was done with that story but a post from WFAA-TV showed up on my timeline with a link containing an interview with the guy and at the end it show the interviewer taking up what he had done and essentially one-uping him.

The "story" with the interview can be found here: VIDEO Social media a-twitter over Dallas man's massive Starbucks drink | wfaa.com Dallas - Fort Worth

Do you think this Starbucks will put limitations on the free drink or do you think the guy ruined it for everyone?

2. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Given that Starbucks evaded millions of pounds of tax in the UK for years, they can suck up customers getting around their own failures.

3. AlamoCity

Hahaha, well, I'm sure Starbucks will eventually put limits (maybe limiting drinks to the standard cups or have a maximum redemption value attached).

That said, I wanted to nearly throw up when I saw the cup (shall I say "vase" :lol:slight_smile:. That is one gosh darn coffee aficionado.

4. Dexter Colton

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Dang now I won't to work at Starbucks