1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Racist woman explodes on man for starting car, calls racial slurs, video goes viral

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by AwesomGaytheist, Jun 4, 2014.

1. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    On Friday, May 30, Janelle Ambrosia became enraged at an African-American man because her son was startled when he started his car, which resulted in this tirade in the parking lot of a Dollar General in Cheektowaga, New York. The language in this video is incredibly offensive and obviously NSFW.

[youtube]gqdCWpUmP-Y[/youtube]

She was interviewed this morning by a radio station in Buffalo, New York, in which she claimed that she's not a racist because she has a Black cousin and that the N-word has nothing to do with race and only means an ignorant person. However in the first video, we learn that when she screams, she does a great Cartman impression.

[YOUTUBE]pxfY5UTUHSA[/YOUTUBE]

I'm guessing any sane person would cringe at least 30 times watching this.

#1 AwesomGaytheist, Jun 4, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
  2. Hexagon

Re: Racist woman explodes on man for starting car, calls racial slurs, video goes vir

That's... well... repugnant.

She really needs to increase her offensive vocabulary, she was rather repetitive there.

3. AlamoCity

Re: Racist woman explodes on man for starting car, calls racial slurs, video goes vir

I will posit the pile of rocks outside the house has a greater IQ than her.

4. Gen

Gen

Don't you think a pile would be a bit excessive? I think a solid fragment of gravel would be enough to sufficiently surpass her.

5. Sartoris

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people

It's like a verbal trainwreck, I couldn't look away....

6. AlamoCity

Excuse me. I have to go apologize to some rocks for the comment I made. :lol:

7. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

"I'm not racist, I have a black cousin."

Okay then, if that's your only excuse to as why you're not racist then.

And to define the n-word, from Dictionary.com:
    1. a derogatory name for a Black person
    2. derogatory name for a member of any dark-skinned race

So her saying she meant to say it as an ignorant person is completely incorrect. I wonder if she had her Republican voter ID on her when she did this.

8. Gwendolyn

She doesn't even use the excuse she has a black friend, but rather a black cousin. Hmmm... I wasn't aware that could make her comment about him being a racist n-word make sense. Interesting.

9. Tim

Tim

Not defending her in the least bit, as no one should ever say any of the things she said, as they're repugnant, gross, and fucked up. However, the fact the guy seems to think the word allows him to file charges against her (as he says at the beginning) is ridiculous as well.

Considering she asked him to leave her children alone multiple times and he kept talking to them, that's not good for him, as that IS a reason files can be charged, as that constitutes harassment of a minor, and filming them opens up another can of worms.

Lucky for him, it's not illegal to film someone without their permission in New York in a public place. Whereas if they were in say Massachusetts, he could face 5 years in prison for it. Unluckily for him, as she was on a cell phone, he violated New York law for not having hers or the other person on the line's written permission.

As I said, I'm not defending her, but he really should've taken the high road and ignored the ignorant woman. From what it sounds like he started his car and scared the kid because a car started up without him knowing someone was inside, and she called him the N word. What he should have done was tell her that's not ok and drove off. Not continue to sit there and egg her on, record her without her permission, and continue to talk to her kids after she asked him not to. Instead, he probably made it worse for himself, as she was already talking to her lawyer in the video.

The same way, she should've just ignored him and walked away. Someone needed to be the bigger person, and by her language, it obviously wasn't going to be her.

And just to re-iterate: Not defending her in the least bit. She's a horrible person from what we see in the video. However, he should've either ignored her, or stopped talking to her kids when she asked.

Now, there's also another issue that opens by him posting it online: He's irrevocably damaged her reputation. As such, she can sue him, and considering how widespread the video goes, the suit could bankrupt him.

TLDR; I'm not defending her, she's not a good person from what we can see. However, even though he's on the right side of the argument, he's the one that's going to be fucked if she presses charges. He videotaped a phone call without permission (violating state law), "harassed" kids (yes, it's considered harassment by law enforcement if you continue to engage children after a parent asks you not to), and he posted it online, defaming her character to a widespread audience. (However, how far that goes depends on if she can prove that the video has caused her emotional or financial issues [AKA being fired, etc.])

And I know I said I'm not defending her a lot. I just know people seem to think I'm defending people when I mention things like this, when really, I'm just pointing out why although you're on the right side, actions you take to prove that can backfire massively.

10. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

A defamation suit for something like this would be laughed out of court, and no prosecutor worth their salt (And all you have to do is google "Elkhart 4" to see how uninformed of the law a lot of prosecutors really are) would file charges against the guy considering the circumstances.

#10 AwesomGaytheist, Jun 4, 2014
  11. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Yeah, if he were to be prosecuted, it would be another Elkheart 4 situation.

12. Tim

Tim

Sure, but the suit for videotaping a cell phone call would not, as New York passed that specific law. The harassment suit would not be thrown out immediately, but would most likely end in a slap on the wrist. It wouldn't be "laughed out," as you can plainly see in the video he continues to talk directly to the kids after she asks him not to, but it probably wouldn't result as anything.

However, if she gets fired over the suit, a defamation suit would not be laughed out of court. As I said, the suit would require proving the loss of reputation or finance. The reputation is hard for someone who isn't well known, but finance tends to be easier to prove if it happens. But the if is the biggie.

And if she were fired over remarks he taped as evidence, and prosecutors refused to file she could appeal and sue the city/state for bias [which is ironic, but eh]. (whichever declined), as then there's irrefutable proof that by him posting an illegally recorded video she was fired and lost income due to it.

I find her comments horrendous, repulsive and just downright fucked up. But as an objective eye, I couldn't side completely with him either as he violated 2 laws in the process.

Anyway, on a side note, does anyone know what song was playing in his car? I've had it stuck in my head for like a week but I can't remember the name. :/

#12 Tim, Jun 4, 2014
  13. Aldrick

I hope she loses her kids.

"My kids hate black people too."

Yeah, hopefully not for much longer.

14. Tim

Tim

Unfortunately, children cannot be taken away from parents because of a parents belief/opinion.

15. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone