1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Further evidence for genetic basis for homosexuality

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Chip, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    An interesting article in the Washington Post about a recent study that reaffirms an earlier (and controversial) study from 1993 asserting the presence of specific alleles that predict or contribute to homosexuality.

My college genetics coursework is a distant memory so I'm in no position to critically analyze this, but from my read, the findings sound plausible.

2. Eye Shine

Very interesting. To me it is believable

3. Reptillian

No one here denies that genetics plays a role on homosexuality and plenty of scientists agrees that there are other variables. What remains unanswered is how rigid is sexuality, and how likely it is to change, and just about how many percentage of population had life-time rigidity as opposed to sexuality being rigid, then changing or changed, then rigid. There's also the question of how do we test those. That's still needed to be looked into as many stories does not always match individual stories. I hope you know what I mean.

4. LadyDude

it's interesting and it does sound logic, I'm very ignorant tho so maybe I'm not one to say so

but then both my brother and me turned out as straight as my dad's belly so it really does make sense for me on a personal level

5. Theron

I questioned the same about asexuality.

6. Alfhild

same here