1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Denyng marriage to same sex couples declared againt the constitution

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by LadyDude, Jun 4, 2014.

1. LadyDude

I was watching the news just now (Mexico) and they said that denying the possibility to get married to same sex couples was found against the mexican costitution by our national council (really don't know how to translate it) and a violation to people's basic rights, therefore, illegal, so I'm guessing they're gonna start legalizing it here even tho some states have especific laws against it.

I literally cheered when I heard it and what made me happy wasn't even the news, it was that they said it was a violation to basic rights and discriminatory because regardless of what people might say mexican culture is very homophobic

(I'm sorry if this thread is out of place is my first time making this kind of post)

2. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I think you might be mistaken on this. On June 3rd, the American State of New Mexico rules that denying same-sex couples marriage licenses is unconstitutional. It was already legal in that state for several months, but I'm guessing someone must of tried challenging the law.

After looking into Mexico's same-sex marriage laws, it seems that only 1 state allows it. However, Mexico does recognize foreign same-sex marriages which is still pretty good.