1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Fort Hood Prostitution Ring

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Simple Thoughts, Jun 6, 2014.

1. Simple Thoughts

Fort Hood Sex Assault Prevention Officer Recruited Female Soldiers In Prostitution Ring: Testimony

"prostitution rings are not uncommon within the military and the allegations against McQueen were no surprise."

This whole story bothers me and upsets me, but that line right there...that gives me chills.

The idea that the military is so poorly handled, and the people serving our country are so poorly looked after that Prostitution rings can be considered a 'common' thing and not surprising...wtf?

I thought our country was supposed to take care of our soldiers and vets, but instead our vets die out on the streets and our female soldiers are getting raped and put into prostitution rings...

This country...

2. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So isn't this the same place where that Major Nidal Hasan shot the place up as well as one shooting this year?

Why does this not surprise me...

3. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    They should pay them better, and have funds set aside to help people out, before they have to resort to desperate measures. What makes me most angry is the abuse that happens as part of the (essentially unfettered capitalist) power structure; of the wealthy vs. the not wealthy, men vs. women; the entire, rotten hierarchy.

4. BelleFromHell

And my dad wonders why I don't want to join the AirForce anymore.

If my country wants my help, it needs to do a better job protecting it's military members from shit like this. If not, well, my country doesn't deserve my help.

I understand that the military can't prevent all sexual assaults, but the least it could do is treat them more seriously and give victims a chance to speak up.

Agreed.

5. Necromancer

Necromancer Guest

I don't want to blame the private trying to feed her kid, because we have no idea what all was going on with her finances, but it is pretty unusual. When benefits and allowances are added to pay, compensation for military service isn't all that bad, and there are provisions for this exact set of circumstances, such as emergency food aid for dependents. I think there is something more going on with her situation than what's been said.

6. Simple Thoughts

I find the entire situation disturbing myself.

Our military women should be given some respect and instead the people running our military are exploiting and abusing them at every turn. It's disturbing and sickening. I can't wrap my head around people like this, and I wish they'd all just disappear off the face of the earth because we'd be better off without scum like this man around.

He's the guy in charge of preventing sexual assault and he's sexually assaulting women...how does that happen? =/