1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News What happened between Kanadajin3 and Rachel and Jun?

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by animequeen567, Jun 14, 2014.

1. animequeen567

I saw a while ago that Rachel and Jun posted a video about Kanadajin3, but I have been busy so I didn't have time to view it (which I now regret because I'm in the dark about what's going on). Then I saw this today: [YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2AC3QNsn6w[/YOUTUBE] I went to it and other peoples responses and am confused. Can someone please explain what's going on in the youtube community right now and what this is about. I put this in news because I figured that it counted as news. I've heard things about abuse, fake accounts, mean comments. I don't know what's going on.

---------- Post added 14th Jun 2014 at 08:57 PM ----------

I ask this because I like both youtubers.

2. Okiagari

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Basically it is said that Mira created many fake accounts to attack other J-vloggers even those with a really low sub count and most of them were other women also. That being said, people are wondering if she is just jealous and took it too far or if she has serious mental issues~ Rachel and Jun removed their video and Mira's response was posted. Her response was vague and mentioned nothing about the actual issues going on. There is also a bunch of things Mira has allegedly done on a blog or site called PULL for short. I haven't been on it yet but I'm sure it'll be in the description of some of the videos about all this.

I'd be really disappointed if it were all true but currently it's not looking too good for her.
    I hope she gets the help she needs or ar least addresses the problem instead of dodging which you'll see in her response video~

I remain neutral because although I like Rachel and Jun's videos a million times more than Mira's, I don't really know what happened behind the scenes so we can't really know for sure~ Sorry for the ramble, there is still more to the story but it's all on youtube. You should check out Unrested on YouTube. He made a video that touches on some more stuff that I missed and he describes it a lot better than me also haha~

#2 Okiagari, Jun 15, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2014
  3. Rachel said that Mira has been creating fake accounts to attack other j-vloggers, including Michaela and her close friend Sharla.

Rachel took screenshots of the comments from the fake accounts and Mira's distinctive writing style and her unique spelling errors were detected by Rachel. Also, Jun said that the Japanese text that the fake comments had were not from a native Japanese speaker. Jun was also very offended when Mira said that Rachel only married Jun for a marriage visa, even though they're living apart. A bit hypocritical that she said that since Mira married a Japanese native and divorced him quite soon after she moved to Japan.

Mira's fake accounts have also tried to put J-vloggers down. Also, she leaked a lot of personal information without the permissions of the victims. Sharla said that her personal info like her place of residence, age, and last name had been exposed and who else knew other than Mira?

Since Rachel and Mira took their videos down, we can't go back and examine their evidence again. However, Rachel's argument is much more convincing than Mira's. Also, Sharla talked about this on Facebook and Twitter.

Sharla had said that it all makes sense now. Mira had been trying to get Sharla to make controversial videos, which is sure to spawn haters. It doesn't look good for Mira, especially due to the fact that Mira mostly attacked J-vloggers that has more subs than her. Also, viewers have also become suspicious of the fake accounts before all of this happened.

Rachel has me convinced. She provided evidence that Mira did this. Mira had no proof that she's innocent. Besides, Mira was a pretty suspicious person after all. She had no reason to move to Japan? Come on!

#3 anthonythegamer, Jun 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2014
  4. Okiagari

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Awesome detailed description! I have no doubt that Mira is guilty as the evidence was fair clear. She also used a J-vlogger's picture without their permission to try and clear her name a bit~

Also, Mira's response is on Daily motion. If you check out Gimmeabreakman's latest video on the subject, there is a link to her response in the comments somewhere~

5. BelleFromHell

I used to watch Rachel & Jun's vlog. I've never heard of "Mira" or "Kanadajin3," though.

Why the hell is there so much drama around the Japanese culture enthusiasts' community? Is the word "weeaboo" still being thrown around like wildfire towards anyone who likes anime? And for what reason did this "Mira" person decide to create fake accounts and leek personal info?!

How old are these people, 5?

It's this kind of bullshit that makes me hide my interest in Japanese culture. People see me as an ordinary otaku, unaware that I spent several years of my childhood studying Japanese culture and history. It's been on hold for a long time, and I probably won't resume it until I get into college. I don't like to see people start flame wars over Japanese culture. They all need to put on their big girl/boy pants and GROW UP.

Sorry for the rant. I needed some way to let that out.

When I was little, interest in Japanese culture, or any culture, was considered a good thing. Now... I don't even want to know what it's considered...

6. Okiagari

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree, the argument doesn't have anything to do with weeaboo though, I don't think haha~
    I have always hated that word. It's good to have an intense interest or love for something you enjoy learning about, doing and all that stuff. It pains me to hear people being demonised for the things they love~ For me, anime and video games are an escape from the sometimes unpleasant reality that throw me into an imaginary world of amazing things where anything is possible~

#6 Okiagari, Jun 17, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  7. The drama isn't because of weeaboos. Rachel has come out in defense of the weeaboos on her channel.

The drama is so real. I'm sure that there's a lot more drama with more prominent youtubers, but this one was revealed by Rachel. Now, Mira's videos are receiving so much hate. I hope it gets a bit better for her.

8. Okiagari

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree, the amount of subs she lost is insane~
    I understand what she did was wrong but I didn't really like the public shaming she received. It should have stayed between those involved in my opinion~