1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Pittsburgh Cop Punches Woman at Pride Event

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by OuterSpaceACE, Jun 18, 2014.

1. OuterSpaceACE

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  2. Melanie

Melanie Guest

i could barely get through the video. the police are way out of control and the street preachers... I could barely stand listening to them.

notice how when professing Christians do bad things they are all of a sudden "not real Christians". how convenient.

3. OuterSpaceACE

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In the shorter version you don't really have to hear the dumb bigot talking. But my understanding is that this officer is still employed and getting paid, on desk duty.

4. Melanie

Melanie Guest

Ugh

Loved this comment on You Tube:

"Tim Hynde
    23 hours ago

It does beg the question Matt, when was the last time you saw a bunch of gay activists show up at church with a bullhorn telling everyone how wrong they are? He came down to the pride parade looking for a fight, he got what he was looking for. Don't turn it around on the people in the parade and pretend they are the aggressors. If they did the same at a Baptist church in the south, they'd probably get shot."

5. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Now I want to go to the Chicago pride event and get a picture of the WBC and show any protesters the picture, if there's any that is.

I feel sorry for her. The cop obviously let his own prejudices get in the way of his job, which is shameful.

6. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    The sad thing about this is last year I saw a video where a street preacher was going around harassing people at a pride event and they had the nerve to say the gay people were mean for telling them to leave them alone . This is one of the reasons I hate the church they talk about love all the damn time then when you see them like this you have to ask where is the love you were talking about . The sicken part was they were justifying it like if they were saying these are sinner they don't deserve respect . Didn't say God say not the judge didn't God say not to hate thy neighbor and I'm pretty sure when he said not to hate God was talking about harassing them too . But I guess they skipped that listen and wasn't paying attention in bible class and that's a damn shame .

7. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think part of the problem is that we've allowed the police to become an almost military force, and that it's gone to their heads. With all the new weaponry, shields, and anti-terrorism paranoia, they've become bloated with power, such that more and more abuses occur, and often, go unquestioned.

8. Nikky DoUrden

There is no justification for that kind of behaviour.
    The girl was obviously in a protective state and the cop kept beating, lets see how the wheels of justice works now - I expect the cop to pay a lot for that.
    And when I say pay I mean $$$

9. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Agreed.

I also think he should see some prison time, as well.

10. Eye Shine

To me it's sad because people are douches and don't accept other people. This why I hate people in general but I like making friends.

---------- Post added 19th Jun 2014 at 08:34 PM ----------

I also believe that cop should be fired and/or arrested

11. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    For some reson I couldn't wacth the video but I can't believe what happened.

12. OuterSpaceACE

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm trying to keep up with what is happening with this cop. So far:

1) The officer, Souroth Chatterji (Pittsburgh Police), has been placed paid on desk duty for a period of one month while the Office of Municipal Investigation looks into it.

2) The OMI only makes non-binding recommendations for disciplining the officer. He will not be charged with assaulting her.

3) The girl has been charged with aggravated assault, resisting arrest, simple assault, and disorderly conduct.

4) A longer version of the video demonstrates that she did not hit anyone or kick him in the groin as he claimed.

I seriously doubt this cop will be held accountable for his actions. He should be fired and she should sue him, but I don't think she can afford an attorney.