1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News The pope has excommunicated the ..

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Nikky DoUrden, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Nikky DoUrden

2. Melanie

Melanie Guest

Havent read the article but I LOVE pope Francis. LOVE him.

3. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't know what to say. The concept is good. There was an example of where they described how the mafia took their retribution out on a child over an unpaid drug debt.

However, enforcing this will not be easy, I don't think. Excommunicating requires some kind of a process and names. They could just walk into a church somewhere, attend services, and receive communion. Who would know? Maybe I don't know enough about how excommunication technically works.

4. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can't help wondering if Pope Francis is carrying on unfinished business from John Paul 1's short tenure. There are similarities in style and leadership.

5. SimpleMan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Which also makes me fear that his days are numbered. I dislike the theology of his church and how damaging it is for some people, but I also admire the good he is doing. You can't change the speed and direction of a multi-millennium organization in one fell swoop.

6. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have the same thought. He is taking on some vested interests and exposing himself to big risks.

7. Nikky DoUrden

I was thinking the same, but if anyone will try to hurt him :
    A) he got HEAVY security around him
    B) killing him will make him a saint and ppl will praise him and his way even more, so I dont think ppl will want to hurt him especially if they r christians

8. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not necessarily. It's supposed to be a 100 year gap between someone's death and canonization assuming they DO decide to make him a saint. It will make him a martyr though.

9. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

Go Pope Francis! I thought we'd never get another Pope as great as John Paul II, but he is doing really well so far. He also made a statement telling Catholics to focus less on abortions and gay people, because Catholics are about more than just those things.

10. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    He is. But it could be damaging to the mafia if they sought retribution. John Paul II took on big risks when he took on Communist regimes.

---------- Post added 25th Jun 2014 at 01:16 PM ----------

Any religious group is more than just abortions and gay people. Abortions, percentage wise, might be more common than gay people, as far as women who have had them or would have them, but I'm not sure of the statistics. Making kids doesn't interest me, so I don't look up that sort of stuff. Still, I should be better informed and look it up.