1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News So whats the holdup ????

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by BibleBeltBill, Jun 24, 2014.

1. BibleBeltBill

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The 10th circuit court has already heard the arguments for Utah's SS marriage issue way back in what? April? May? And now its nearly July and no still word from the court?

Im convinced the court is waiting and delaying until after the 2014 elections in November to see if the US senate will turn republican. Then under a republican US house and senate this might allow for bills to be introduced and passed, if they can overcome an Obama veto, to put the brakes on SS marriage nation wide. Also, start an US constitutional amendment banning SS marriage nationally and with that then get the US high court to put a STAY on SS marriage until a constitutional amendment runs its course in congress.

But I tell you, this delay from the 10th circuit court appears to be pretty fishy to me.
    They refuse to grant a ruling. Especially and most likely where that ruling would have no legal option other than victory for marriage equality and ruling against Utah's challenge.

So the court delays with hopes the tide will turn, somehow someway, come November 2014.
    Something with this circuit court's MO is not legit....

2. Hexagon

Oh. I just figured this shit was really fucking slow.

3. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I can't see it happening, you need two thirds of each house and three quarters of the states.

Conservatives in office are an odd bunch, but I can't see them being stupid and arrogant enough to essentially say "the majority support equal marriage, but we know best so we're going to ignore them". I think even they realise that pissing off the majority just to pay lip service to the far right is not smart politics, especially if you want to be re-elected.

If the worst happened, I'd be amazed if it wasn't struck down by the courts.